Wednesday, December 9, 2009

November

Alright, so I've been away for a while. I guess I might as well tell you all what I've been up to the past month since I've been gone.

Let's see. Obviously there are the major things such as Thanksgiving. Well, this year, Ward's grandparents came into town so we spent quite a few nights down at my mother-in-law's house visiting while they were here. We also spent an entire day working on centerpieces and other wedding stuff for my sister-in-law's wedding next May.

We had to take my car into the shop because it had been leaking transmission fluid. Apparently some gasket or something was leaking. Supposedly a pretty simple fix. Well, not one week later, I was driving home from work and the transmission started acting all funny. It was running at really high RPMs. It was shifting all funky. Ward drove it to my parents Thanksgiving day to see if he could figure out what was wrong. He couldn't. I had to drive it home. As soon as I pulled in the driveway, it dumped transmission fluid all over the driveway. The dealership who "fixed" the leak the weak prior came and picked it up the next day. They had the thing for over a week! Ended up needing a brand new transmission! Have I mentioned that my car is a 2006? With less than 47,000 miles? Yeah. Suck.

Ward and I spent a week or so debating whether or not to buy a new house. We found one that had (almost) everything we want in a long term house. Nice house (though old), on 2.3 acres, big workshop. The house, being old, would have needed some updating, and the master bath needed to be completely finished out. We didn't think it was worth what they were asking, but we were quite interested. We went back and forth for sometime trying to figure out what to do. We would have had to not only sell our house first, but it's not even on the market! So, yeah, that would have been a big deal. We ended up deciding not to pursue the house. As much as we liked it and were quite interested, we decided that we just weren't ready for a big move like that. Especially being an older house that would need lots of maintenance and upkeep. So for now, we will finish up all our projects on our current house and enjoy it for a while longer before we decide to make a move.

Work has been unbelievable crazy. I have enough work for AT LEAST three of me to do, and about half the amount of time I need to do it all. It beyond sucks. I tell you what. I'm pretty darn close to missing ALL of my deadlines for all my work. Which means no bonus for me if I'm late. Not that I very much care at this point. I just can't handle the stress lately.

To top it off, at work, at least, I'm missing all kinds of time this week especially. I was out Monday for my girly doctor visit. I took a half day today to go to the dentist because I've been having a toothache since last week. I see the dentist today and they determine that it looks like I've got a cyst forming where one of my wisdom teeth had been removed from. GREAT. So now, I will be out of the office yet again on Friday afternoon so I can go see my oral surgeon to have it checked out by them. And that'll only be the evaluation visit. More work will be missed if I actually have to go back and have some kind of procedure done for it. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have an afternoon out of the office, but I have WAY too much work to do to be missing all this time. Boo!

I have no idea how close to being done with my Christmas shopping I am. We haven't decorated AT ALL at the house. I won't get around to sending out Christmas cards this year. I don't even know if we'll get the tree up! Believe me when I say I can't wait for this year to be over!! I just hope next year is better.

Surely it will be though. Think of everything good that will happen next year!
-New guy at work will finish training and can help lighten our workload
-I might finally be able to get pregnant
-Our house projects will get finished
-My best friend will have a baby
-My sister-in-law will get married

2010 will be a grand year, won't it?? I can't wait!

Umm...yeah...so I guess I decided to write as much as I would have in all of November in this one post. Sorry guys. Your eyes are probably falling out of your heads by now. If you've even made it this far. Don't worry, I won't blame you, if you didn't. :o) Love to all and to all a goodnight!

2 comments:

Luigi | UPrinting.com said...

I'm so excited for 2010 also. I hope that it's going to be better. I'll be a year older, so I hope to be wiser.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

good luck with the baby making!!!