Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So a few things.

Well, I went on my trip to Brazil. It was a wonderfully relaxing week. John worked half days most days I was there so I had lots of time to myself, but I read a lot. And watched movies. I just needed the down time. :o) I wish I wouldn't have forgotten my Portuguese language books! I didn't know what anyone was saying! I was glad to come home though. With not knowing the language and their food was kinda weird, it was nice to come home.

Of course, I get home without John. He ended up having to stay a bit longer, but he did get back just 4 days later. So not too bad. It's so wonderful to have him home though!!

My first day back to work, they fired one of the other guys that does my same job. I was NOT happy. Neither was he, obviously, and they didn't even give him a reason for his termination! We were supposed to have a new guy start yesterday to replace him, but that fell through at the last minute. So now my job continues to suck, royally. Have I mentioned that there are only two of us doing the job that used to take six?? And we've even taken on more responsibilities since then. Ugh.

We went down to visit our parents this past weekend. My mom had bought us our very first baby item. (yes, I'm 4 1/2 months along and have not bought a single thing!) It's two sleeping gowns and they're just adorable! So I had to share. :o)






The duckies says "squeeze me" and the giraffe and elephant says "I love hugs". Is that not too cute?? They even have little fold over cuffs to cover baby's fingers so they don't scratch themselves.

Btw, we find out the gender next monday! I can't wait. I'll probably really start getting into it after that since it'll finally be a "he" or a "she" instead of an "it"! So far most everyone thinks girl. Anybody care to take a guess? :o)

Well, that's all for now. If I don't post again before Monday, I'll be sure to put in a quick note to fill you in on the gender!


1 comment:

Valerie said...

Cute!!

I say girl :)