Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Beginnings (Part II)

I suppose you could call this my New Year's Resolutions post. I'm not quite certain they're all "resolutions", per say. I guess it's more just a list of things I want to do in 2010. Beginnings and finishes, if you will.

I'll start with the finishes, since those 'began' some time ago and, well, they just need to get finished!

1) De-clutter and organize the house. I made a good start earlier last year...putting things aside I knew I wanted to get rid of, starting to find actual homes for all my 'stuff' around the house. But progress has waned lately and I must get back on it.

2) Complete our home projects. There's still quite a bit on the list to do before I'll really feel like we're 'finished' with our house, but it's all totally doable within the next few months. We just need to push it out!

You know, really that's all I've got for finishes. Not bad, eh? So, onto the New Beginnings! This section is more the resolution part, though not totally. I guess I'll just let you decide for yourself...

1) This year, I want to get back into the blogging. Noticed how I've been coming at you full force this week so far? I want to keep at it! And I may need some help from you guys. Is there anyone else that cannot blog from work? How do you keep up with it? What are some tips and tricks? I want to be a participating member of this community because, to be honest, you guys really do help keep me sane and I want to be able to return the favor!

2) Remember a few months back I started talking about opening up an Etsy store? My goal was to be up and running by November. Well, that, obviously, didn't happen. So, new goal? Open the store this year! That goes along a lot with my 'finishes' for the year because until this office gets de-cluttered and organized, it's really hard to work in here.

3) Okay, so this is for sure an actual resolution. This year, I vow to stay organized! It may take me a while to get there, but once it's all done, I. Will. Keep. At. It. No ifs, ands, or buts!

4) My last big 'beginning' on the list would have to be...to get pregnant! I know it still may be a struggle. I first want to find out what all needs to be done about this cyst in my mouth. (But at least I go back to the oral surgeon on Tuesday to go over my CT scan) Then I need to go back to my OB/GYN for some more testing before she starts me on the Clomid. (Though to get the nurse to call me back about that appointment would certainly be helpful) But hopefully after all that we can finally be sucessful!

You may have noticed this is Part II of my New Year, New Beginnings series. I have one last and final post to finish it up, but it's still in the works. I have a bit of thinking to do before I put it all down and reveal my final New Beginnings masterpiece! Intrigued, yet? I sure hope so. :o)

Have a good night, y'all! I'm off to hush up the dogs from barking at the neighbors so I can watch the season premier of Secret Life of the American Teenager that I missed on Monday!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Great list!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Doing some organizing & decluttering is on my list too. I started in 2009 & I hope to complete it this year. Along with getting all those recipes I've torn out of magazines onto my recipe blog as drafts until I can try them, and scanning in all my old family photos as a form of backup "just in case."

I can blog from work, but I rarely do. I can't concentrate long enough to make a cohesive post with all the interruptions & it comes out too fragmented. I make notes to myself, as things pop into my mind, in an email draft, then I tackle it from home. Also, sometimes I will set up my blog to do some auto-posting over several days when I have some time to sit & just compose for a while, especially if the creativity is flowing.