Monday, January 4, 2010

New year, new beginnings (Part I)

Look at that, y'all! I promised I would be back this evening, and low and behold, here I am! Crazy, I know.

Okay, so here it is, a new year. A year that, for me at least, I hope is better than the last. Val did a cute review of her 2009 and I believe that I will do the same, just not right now. (Actually, I wrote it all down at work, then forgot the paper! Hate when I do that...) So, for now, I will just tell y'all about my most exciting news for the new year.

And no, it's not, "I'm pregnant!" :oP

But hopefully soon that will be my news. No, no...for now my news is...

My new car!


Ain't she cute??
Even though my old car was only 3 1/2 years old, you'll learn in my 2009 year in review post that we just had to replace the transmission. Yeah, I know! This, after more problems than a 3 year old car should have, and Ward had had enough. He was quite ready to get rid of it. And so we traded it in for this beauty of a new Ford Edge. (Yes, just like Val has) Now we're twinkies! :o) At least I got silver and she's got white, right?
I have to admit though, it's a great car. I can definitely see me holding onto this baby for a long time. Especially since we pretty much went all out on it. It's got everything I'll ever need! Dual moonroofs, navigation, leather seats, satellite radio, power liftgate, heated seats, SYNC (which is AWESOME, by the way)...yep, I'm in love!
I really do have a couple other things I really want to post about, but they will have to wait. 1) because I'm hungry and ready to start dinner 2) I also need to go collect all the trash from around the house because tomorrow is trash day and 3) I need to take some pictures to make my post make more sense.
Okie doke, that's all from me...for now. :o) I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and here's to a stellar 2010!!

1 comment:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Ooooh.....pretty. I need a new car, big time. :) Enjoy it!