Monday, June 14, 2010

Day off

I took the day off today. Initially, I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon so was planning on just a half day at work. Not a week later, I get a postcard in the mail that the dogs are due for shots. So, I made their appointment for this morning so I could have a whole day! It's so nice to have a Monday off. Just prolongs the weekend. :o)

We've been quite busy around here, but what else is new? John's company is actually working on a project to help the big gulf oil spill so he's been working 7 days a week since Memorial Day so they can get the project done. He FINALLY didn't actually go into the office yesterday, so we were able to go to Babies R Us and finish our registry. One more check on the baby to do list! Registry's done! I can't believe I've got less than 4 months until the due date. Seriously?? There's still sooooooo much to do!!

I'm so excited that this week marks 24 weeks of pregnancy. And that means, viable baby! Having my best friend just go through an extremely high risk pregnancy and ultimately end up delivering at just 26 weeks, it probably means a lot more to me than most others. Not that I've had any problems so far, but it's just nice to know I made it so far.

Well, look at that. Time to leave for the doctor...

...okay, so I'm back now. Much much later. :o) Had some errands to run and then water aerobics class then had to make dinner and eat and finish watching Secret Life of the American Teenager. We're nerds, I know.

Umm...so where was I? The only thing I remember I was going to tell you...have I mentioned yet what we're going to name little baby here? I don't remember if I did or not. If not, we've decided on the name Ella Renee. I love having a name all picked out. Now we can actually refer to her as Ella and not just "her" or "baby". It's pretty exciting.

Anywho...I should be going. Time for bed and then off to another oh so wonderful day at the office. :oP Hope to most more soon!

3 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Congrats on making it to week 24! That's so exciting! And I LOVE your name choice, it's so pretty! :)

Valerie said...

Yay for names! Super cute!!

Glad to hear things are all going so well :)

Misty said...

Great name! :)