Sunday, June 6, 2010

First, some deliciousness!

Since it's been almost a MONTH since I last posted, I figured I should stop in and say hello!

"Hello!"

I had the idea for this post for quite some time now. Even took the pictures so I could post it. And then never did. Oopsie.

But I am here now and you will finally get to hear about the most delicious breakfast/snack that you've ever eaten in your life!! (Okay, maybe not, but it's still quite fabulous.) Let me start by saying that through the first few months of this pregnancy, the thought of eating yogurt completely turned my stomach. As much as it's a great snack for us preggos, I couldn't stand it. Even though normally I like yogurt. Well, anywho, the only times when yogurt sounded good was when I was thinking of a yogurt parfait. You know, the kind you can get at McDonald's or Chick-fil-A. But I was trying to be good and stay away from fast food so I never got one. Well, then about a month ago, the craving for a yogurt parfait was just about unbearable. I HAD to have one. I was on my way to the grocery store at the time, so I decided I'd see if they sold pre-made parfaits.

They didn't.

I was just about to check out, completely devastated about not getting a yogurt parfait, when I had an epiphany. "Duh! Why can't I just make my own??" And so off I ran I casually strolled away to find yogurt, fruit, and granola. The next morning, I whipped one together and swore I had never eaten anything so magnificent! And being so gracious as I am, I decided to share with the rest of you. [Instead of hoarding away all the yogurt, fruit and granola for my own enjoyment.]

Here are my ingredients:



I shop at Kroger, can you tell?

The first couple times I made it was in a coffee mug, so I filled it about half full of yogurt, then spooned a few spoonfuls of the berries with a little of the syrup over the yogurt. Next came a couple more spoonfuls of yogurt to cover the berries, and topped it off with some nice granola. Mmm. Heaven.

Then I decided that I'd like it as a snack at work, so I made in a little 1 or 2cup size tupperware. Which made a pretty picture all put together. See?


There you have it my friends. One de-lisho snack! I hope you try it out and I really hope you enjoy just as much as I do!!

No comments: