Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just call me "little miss fattie"

I went to the doctor on Monday, right? Well, I had noticed that I had already gained my initial recommended 25lbs. ::gasp!!::

I know, right? That's MORE than a pound per week for the entire pregnancy!

Well, since I've had a couple appointments where my interval gain has been higher than expected, my doctor has mentioned this fact to me and told me (multiple) times to "watch that weight gain". I was completely dreading this visit. I mean, I know I've gotten larger in other areas BESIDES my belly, but I didn't think it was that bad. I can still squeeze into my old pants...as long as they aren't buttoned...or zipped.

So I'm a little nervous waiting in the room. Then the nurse comes in and starts going on and on about how I barely look pregnant at all! And I must not have gained hardly any weight so far!

Then she looked at my chart.

"Oh."

But then she discovered my starting weight and said I shouldn't have been that skinny to begin with and I just look fabulous. Blah blah blah. I mean, it was nice to hear, don't get me wrong. But she said, and I quote, "You just look like you've had a few too many beers!"

Gee...thanks lady. And I don't even drink beer! Like, ever.

Anyway...she leaves and the doctor comes in. She kind of "tsk, tsk"s about my weight gain thus far. "You may need a little more crunch per your calorie."

Well, poo on you, too.

Said I REALLY need to watch it from now on and if it really starts to ge out of hand I'll have to start writing down everything I eat to go over with her at my appointments! Gah!

Thank heavens for water aerobics twice a week for the next month and a half. I obviously need to get my fat butt in gear!!

I am pretty disappointed in myself for allowing my butt to get so cottage cheesy. Yuck. I've gotten rid of cellulite before and by god, I'll do it again!!

Okay, fattie rant over.

Think I'll go find something to snack on. :o)


1 comment:

Matthew and Bailey Walkup said...

You're doing great friend! As long as you're still waddling along and Ella is fine, you'll be fine!