Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally!

Okay, so I've been feeling Ella kick and squirm around for several weeks now. In the past maybe 3 weeks, you could start to feel her in the outside of my tummy. Kinda neat, right? Well, John thinks it's so cool and he wants to feel her kick! So when he's actually home and she's kicking, I'll tell him to try to feel. No joke, EVERY single time this has happened, the second he puts his hand on my belly, she stops! He'll even sit there for several minutes waiting for her to kick again and she never does!

I started joking with him the since he's gone so much, she doesn't know who he is. Or that she just doesn't like him. Mean, I know. But it was funny! This happened several times a week! He started getting so frustrated!

So last night, I'm lounging on the couch reading. Go figure, John I working late so he wasn't home yet. Well, Ella was all up in my side just squirming up a storm! My belly was contorting in all kinds of weird shapes. And let me tell you, when its in your side, its not that comfortable! Anywho, this was going on for a good half hour. Just about then, John gets home. Like usual, he's on the phone as he walks through the front door. I swear, I kid you not, she was moving when I heard him in the driveway, but the second he opens the door, blabbing away on the phone, she stopped!

He comes and sits on the couch, still on the phone. (can you tell it kind of annoys me how much he's on the phone??) She did a few twitches here and there, but of course I can't tell him since he's ON THE PHONE.

Not much later I went to bed. Did I mention he didn't get home until 9:30pm? I wake up 3 hours later, 1am mind you, and John is still not in bed. What. The. Heck. He's on the computer. Looking at boats we can't afford, no doubt. Seriously?? So I'm awake, so of course I get up to pee. He finally comes in to bed about 20 minutes later, just as I'm dozing back off to sleep. He gets all cuddled up and puts his hand on belly, like he does most nights, "just in case" she's kicking. Well, turns out she actually was this time! And he finally felt ONE kick! He goes, "I felt her!" And he started moving his hand around to try to feel more.

At that exact moment, Major starts barking. No big deal, right? He sometimes will bark in the middle of the night if he's sill awake and some teenager drives by with the radio too loud. Of course, not this time. This time, he doesn't stop barking. And then Cocoa started barking. Now, Cocoa does not bark often so when she does, there's usually something wrong.

John gets up, takes his gun from the nightstand and goes to check it out. He takes the gate off the top of the stairs and both dogs go running downstairs just barking their heads off! So, what was all the commotion about? There were cops, on foot, chasing somebody through our subdivision!! John said he look out the window and saw two cops running across the cul-de-sac, then they jumped in a police car and sped off through the subdivision! Crazy, right??

Boy, it was a long night, I tell you what. After all the cop chasing is over, at least from in front of our house, John comes back to bed. I'm like totally awake now since it was all just a tad on the scary side. Ella is kicking like crazy, which is also keeping me awake. Then I realize she must be kicking so much because I am STARVING. My stomach starts growling and I can't fall asleep. So at 2 o'clock in the morning, I'm heading downstairs for a snack just so I can go back to sleep for 4 1/2 more hours!

Longest night ever, I swear. And I totally wish I was making all this up! But no. Apparently this is what my life is actually like these days.


No comments: