Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sleepless Nights

Yet again, I have a terrible time trying to fall asleep last night...as I lay awake listening to John snore. I finally drift off, just to be awaken by whining that gets progressively louder. I wake up and look at the clock. 1:15am. What now?? I go into the dogs room...Major is sitting up. He must have to pee. So I go ahead and let them both out and we run downstairs and out the back door. I sware he stood there peeing for like EVER...MINUTES! Cocoa comes back in and goes straight back up to bed. Major FINALLY gets done and we head back upstairs. He goes back in his crate, but won't lay down. So I turn on the lamp to see why. He had an accident earlier and the whole corner of his pillow is wet. Great. So I take him out and spend the next five minutes cleaning that up while he tries to get comfy on another pillow laying in the middle of the room to go back to sleep. Gee, thanks, Major. I finally get that all cleaned up and put Major back in. I get back in bed, what feels like hours later, at 1:30am. And again I lay awake listening to John snore for a while before I actually fall back asleep. Then, go figure, the 6:30am alarm comes much too early...so I turn it off...to finally get out of bed at 7am. Thank goodness I don't have to be to work until 9am. When will I manage to get a decent nights sleep??

No comments: