Friday, February 6, 2009

Total Money Makeover

I heard of this book, Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I asked for it for Christmas. And after I got it, I spent and entire weekend reading the whole book. I was hooked. We HAD to do a total money makeover. We had gotten to the point where every month I was wondering, "Where did all our money go?" We were making way too much to have so little. And some of the stories in that book were so inspiring! So we started off 2009 with a money makeover. And it is so liberating! I finally feel like I am in control of our money...instead of the other way around like it had been. In the first month alone, we were able to spend a good $3000 LESS than in months prior. $3000!!!! And now, looking back, I can only wonder, "How in the world were we spending that much money?!? And on what??" So, with this makeover, we're going to pay off my car an entire year early. We're going to pay off our second mortgage 27 years early. I am so excited about it. It's a new way of thinking about money...a better way. And I hope we can continue with these principles for many many many years to come.

No comments: