Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend away

Oh my goodness, guys! I was almost totally absent from the computer all weekend! I mean, I played around on Twitter and read a few blogs on Friday since I had the day off, but that was it for the whole weekend! And now my Google Reader says (1000+). I’m afraid that I’ll have to un-follow a few if I can’t keep up! And I know I will totally NOT get caught up this week. For one, I only have until Thursday to read them since we leave that morning for vacation! And then I’ll be gone for 6 long days. I wonder if Google Reader will ever say (2000+)! Haha! That would be my luck. :o) So between now and Thursday I will be SOOOOOOO busy both at home and at work. I’ve got so much to finish before I leave plus get things ready for other people to cover while I’m gone. We’ve got workout class tonight, nail appt. tomorrow, and class scheduled for Wednesday. Don’t know if I’ll make that class. Depends on how ready we are to leave at 3am Thursday morning! We’ve got to bring the dogs down to my parents Wednesday night as well. They live about 30min. from us so we might go down a little early in the evening so we can have dinner with them. But still have enough time left in the evening to get back home and throw together all the rest of our stuff. Oh, but here’s a recap of what we did this weekend:

Friday – I mostly worked around the house on Friday. I finished painting the dog house, went and tanned (probably the last time before vacation), ran a few errands, washed some laundry, cleaned up around the house, watched  a few movies. Nothing really exciting.

Saturday – John got home about 7am. Yay! About 45min. later we left to go down to my parents. July 4th is my mom’s birthday so we were celebrating with her. We had breakfast at their house and mom opened her presents. A couple of their friends came over. Then we all loaded up and headed down to the beach house. We took the dogs, of course. The beach was way more crowded than I’ve seen it in a long time, but we were still able to let the dogs off the leash and let them romp about. We had a great time. We headed back to the beach house for lunch and to clean up. After lunch, everyone took naps. We didn’t end up leaving there until probably 7:45pm so it was a long day. A good friend of John’s was down home from Dallas and they were having a July 4th party so we stopped by there and hung out for a bit. By 10:30pm I was absolutely exhausted so we headed home.

Sunday – Mostly a typical Sunday for us. We did lots of laundry. Ran a few errands. But it was all centered around vacation. We laid out all our clothes and got what toiletries we could all together to go ahead and pack. Since it’ll be such a busy week I wanted to get a good headstart so we’re not scrambling Wednesday night when our flight is so early Thursday morning. Our errands consisted of going to the bank to pull out the cash we’ll take with us and going to Walgreens to get our malaria medication and snacks for the plane. Thankfully we have most of our stuff packed. The only things left to put in the suitcase are what items we’ll be using in the next couple days (brush, comb, razor, straightener, toothbrush…) so that is GREAT.

So, yeah, if you don’t see me around this week again, you know why! I can’t wait until Thursday!!!

No comments: