Thursday, October 1, 2009

And it all came crashing down

My first day as June, and I have to write this post letting you know that you will most likely be seeing less of me for a while. Yes, less of me than I'm around already, which isn't too terribly much these days.

I'm sure you're wondering why.

Well, today I found out that one of the three people that does the work that I do got a promotion. Starting tomorrow. So that leaves just the two of us. Doing the workload that we were already struggling with with only three. And on top of this extra workload, I will also have to train the new hire that we will (eventually) get. According to my boss, best case is we'll be back up to 3 in maybe four months. Four months of pure hell before that. And most likely more.

In order to not completely lose my marbles, I will have to force myself to very rarely partaking in blogging and tweeting during work hours. I can get quite easily distract and waste tons of time catching up with you all, but no more. I cannot. I must not. At least not during the workday.

I will, however, try to get on once I get home from work every day. Honestly, after working in hell for 8 hours a day for the next four plus months, yeah, I will need a daily does of y'all to keep my sanity!

And just when I thought my job couldn't get any worse...

I'm going to miss you all terribly on Twitter all day! I might be able to check in around lunch time. I might have to. I've grown so used to chatting with y'all all day, I might start going through withdrawls! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Trust me, it SUCKS having to cut back on blogging during work hours. It's Friday and I haven't been on Twitter at work all week. It's crazy, because I feel so out of the loop, and by the time I get home after being on the computer ALL DAY for work, I haven't felt like blogging/tweeting. I hope you can handle it better than I have been!

Brandi said...

I can relate to thinking work can't get much worse, only to find out it actually *does*! And when you kill yourself working for the man all day, there's not much energy for blogging and what-not when you get back home. Totally sucks.

I do hope that things at work turn out better than you're expecting. Hang in there!