Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Poor guy...

Yesterday I posted about how Ward was heading off to Brazil pretty unexpectedly. Well, his plan was to come home at lunch today and pack and then he would head to the airport right after work. He called my at work just after 5pm and said he was on his way home. For just one split second I got super excited like maybe the trip was cancelled and he wouldn't have to go after all.

Uh huh. Yeah.

That's why I said one split second. No no. He was on his way home to pack because he was too busy to run home at lunch. AND he said it was a good thing he didn't try to pack last night for just a short Thursday to Saturday trip. He found out this morning that he now has to stay for a meeting on Tuesday. So much for hoping he'd be home this weekend. And here I thought I was finally going to get that new faucet for the kitchen sink. Well poo on you, Brazil!

I really do feel bad for the guy. He's under so much stress right now. And now all this last minute trip half way across the world business. It's just not very healthy. I told him he better workout at the hotel every day that he's down there to help with his stress. I hope he listened.

And to top it all off, with this now extended trip, he won't be home for his birthday on Monday! He actually didn't realize it until he was just about to leave and he's all mopey and says, "I'll see you in December." So I say, "You better be home for my birthday." (Which is in a week and a half) And then we both just look at each other and I exclaim, "You're going to miss your birthday!" Then he was even more upset about having to go.

Poor guy.

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh man. =( That really just stinks.