Monday, October 5, 2009

Look at me go!

Look at me! Three posts in one day! Of course, you know what that means...I probably won't have any more for the rest of the week! No, that's probably not true. At least not this week. Ward's going back to Brazil tomorrow. Well, maybe. It might get postponed, but he won't know until tomorrow. How's that for some advance notice?

Anywho...I thought I'd give y'all a little weekend recap. It sure wasn't too terribly exciting, but I still like to give you a little glimpse of what I do while I'm not on the computer. :o)

Friday: Ward and I went out to dinner with some of his coworkers. A guy he works with and his wife are putting their house on the market and are looking at houses in the city we live in! They've even looked at some in our neighborhood. They live pretty far from where either of them work, so they're hoping to find something closer. Ward only has a 7 mile commute! We stopped by Val's house on the way home to pick up my race shirt, but we didn't do much after we got home.

Saturday: We got up super bright and early. Actually, it wasn't bright at all seeing as the sun wasn't up yet! We met up with Val and B and drove into Houston to partake in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure with 35,000 other people. We walked the 5k, but it wasn't so much a race. Took us about an hour and a half walking with so many other people. But it was for a good cause and it was with good friends so it was a good time. Afterwards we went to brunch and ate WAY too much yummy diner goodness. After the Ward and I got home, we pretty much laid on the couch AAAAALLLLLL afternoon. I was just exhausted! But after a while we had to get up and get cleaned up since my MIL, SIL, and her fiance were coming over for dinner and to watch our Texas A&M Aggies get creamed by Arkansas. Yeah, that was a disappointing game. We turned it off before it even ended and were asleep by 10:30pm. It was quite a tiring day.

Sunday: We slept in. Late. I got up and let the dogs out and fed them about 7:30am and then went back to bed for another 2 1/2 hours! Guess I was just crazy tired. We lounged around a bit. I did a couple loads of laundry. Then we went and ran a few errands and ended the day going to my parents for a wonderful homecooked meal of chicken and dumplings, green beans, and peach cobbler! Mmmmm...love my mom's cooking!!

Yep, yep, that about wraps up my weekend. That's what I do when you guys aren't around! So interesting, huh? :o) And right now, I'm typing this up while falling off the couch laughing at Big Bany Theory. What a hilarious show! Okay, okay...I'm off my tangent. Hope it's a great week!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I hope you have a great week too!

~**Dawn**~ said...

OMG this week's Big Bang Theory had me laughing my butt off from beginning to end!

Julie said...

Dawn - I know, right?? The chocolates!! Yeah, those were not laughs, they were GUFFAWs!! Bahahaha!!!

Lani said...

Stopping by from sits:) You are the second person today to bring up that show- I haven't seen it but maybe I should:)
Glad you had fun at the breat cancer walk- great cause!