Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just a quickie

I say that, but watch, this will end up super long.

I just wanted to write a quick update while I still have a few minutes of lunch left.

This week has been an absolute whirlwind. I seriously don't know what day it is. But I need to so I don't forget to go to workout class tonight! Ward did NOT end up going to Brazil this week. Which would be a good thing if I had not already planned dinners all week for just me. As in leftovers and Tuna Helper. Ward is not such a big fan of either. That said, we went out Tuesday and ordered pizza last night. And I went out to lunch yesterday since me and coworker, M, were out in the field. I feel like I've gained twenty pounds in the past week. Oh wait. I also just finished my ten days of progesterone pills which make me retain water like a friggin sponge! So I probably have gained twenty pounds! Ugh.

In happier news, I'm doing an alzheimer's walk with my mom Saturday morning. It's a 5k walk on the beach and I get to bring the dogs! I think it will be fun. The dogs L-O-V-E the beach!

The past two evenings I've been pulling weeds out of our front yard. Seriously, our yard is atrocious! I've filled up a big potting soil bag and a 35lb bag from dog food so far and I've done about 1/8 of the yard. It's disgusting. But I'm trying! We REALLY need to work on our yard maintenance.

I had a couple very interesting conversations with coworkers yesterday about some happenings here at the office. I might blog about it all if I get a chance, but fore warning, it'll probably be a really long story!

Okay, that took up way more than the few minutes I had so I better get back to work. We are way swamped...


2 comments:

Lori said...

Stopping by from SITS. I have been working on our front yard too. It's pretty terrible! My yard boy (aka Hubs) has not been doing his job out there!!

It's good to know I am not alone in the battle against the front yard!

~**Dawn**~ said...

When my week veers way off course from the plan I had, I always feel all out of sorts & just can't seem to get back on rhythm. I hope your weekend "resets your clock" for you!