Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy happy joy joy!

I’m not sure exactly why, but I am in just a terrific mood this morning! So of course, I just had to share with you guys! Aren’t I the sweetest? Really, there could be numerous reasons for my gleefulness this morning…

It might be because I am so proud of my doggies. Yesterday, it was (supposed to be) raining and storming all day long. I really didn’t want to have to put the dogs outside in that kind of weather. They would be miserable and covered in mud when I got home! So, for the first time ever, I left them inside. OUT of their crates (which we’ve broken down and stored away). For the ENTIRE day. Now, I did contain them to the upstairs hallway, like we do at night, but still. I was very nervous to what I would come home to. Well, I got home, let them outside then went up to survey the damage. Or rather, LACK THERE OF!! No damage at all! They didn’t try to eat their pillows. They didn’t chew on the furniture. They didn’t even pee on the carpet!! Oh, I was but ecstatic! I even gave Major a hug. (He’s a good hug giver) And while they were cooped up all day and all night yesterday, they were still perfect little angels this morning as I got ready for work. I love my dogs. They’re the greatest!

You know, my good mood most certainly could be from the fact that I went to Bunco last night, at my mom’s house, with my best friend. It’s actually been a while since my best friend, B, and I have had some just us time. And it was great. She got me all up to speed on her pregnancy. Her new pictures. Her new due date. Her eating rules. What they’ve started picking out for baby. It’s all just so exciting! While I didn’t win anything at bunco, (though B did!) it was a great relaxing night with a fun group of ladies. And I definitely need that every once in a while.

Really, it could just be the weather that makes me so giddy. We had a cool front come through yesterday and I woke up to 52 degrees this morning! BRRRRR!!! The sky is crystal clear blue today with the most perfect cool breeze. I even wore a long sleeve shirt to work! I L-O-V-E this weather. That alone can put the hugest smile on my face! Though it would be even more perfect if I, you know, didn’t have to work. But hey, we take what we can get, right?

Also, I finally started rereading Twilight (again)!! Though I'm only two chapters into it so far, just the fact that I'm reading it again makes me smile.

Now, my last reason, is, well, a little controversial. I’ve been debating whether to post it. But I figured y’all would have the best advice, so here goes. I’m actually in a good mood partly because my husband is out of the country. Now, please don’t take this the wrong way. Let me explain. I love my husband dearly and I am sad when he’s away, but he’s been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super stressed lately and he’s bringing all this bad stressful energy home. I’ve been trying very very hard lately to simplify and declutter and relax my life. I stress out too easily. Even though he’s got about 1000 times more stress than I do, he’s not trying very hard to rectify the situation. And really, his stress and bad energy just ends up bringing me down with him. I try my hardest to get him to see the light and make changes, but he just doesn’t. And so, while he’s away, I feel so much…lighter. Like I can breathe again. It really does break my heart to see him like this. Who knows what I can do to help him out?? I want to be able to have these wonderful, carefree, happy feelings when he’s at home!! I want us to be happy and carefree and relaxed TOGETHER! Help a girl out??

Okay, okay…I really do need to get some work done today! I truly hope that all of you are having a super wonderful fantastic Friday!


2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

In my personal experience, the only thing you can really do is to ask him, point blank, "What can I do to help ease your stress?" He may actually tell you what he needs you to do. Or he could say "nothing" or shrug the question off because he's stressed & crabby. And then you just sit back & continue to be supportive (doing your best to maintain your positive attitude, which I know can be easier said than done), until he either a) works it out for himself or b) *does* tell you what he needs. You *are* a team, which is why your moods affect one another, but that means both parties need to make the decision to work as a team & depending on the circumstances, you may not *both* be ready to do that at exactly the same time. =)

Yeah that was a whole lot of helpful huh? =P In the mean time, you can always vent to your bloggy community. We promise not to hold it against Ward. ;-)

(OMG I am dying of laughter right now. My word verification is "awigator" which, if you say it out loud, sounds like a 3-year-old saying "alligator.")

Fidgeting Gidget said...

That Dawn gives great advice. I also maybe would mention to him (in the nicest way possible, which is sometimes difficult, esp when he's on edge) how hard it is for you to see him like this and how that makes you feel. Sometimes all people need to change their tune is to be made aware of how their actions affect others.

Also--I'm happy (and jealous) of your success with your pups and of your great convo with B! :)