Friday, August 21, 2009

At a loss UPDATE

Okay, so you guys know that I've been a complete Indecisive Izzie lately. And I posted this for some advice. Thank you, Val, for your awesome comment! You bring up a totally good point. I do work for a good company (though some of their "rules" are really starting to grate on me) and I have some awesome co-workers. This post is mainly about the great people I work with.

With all the layoffs and such, we're down to just 3 estimators. The other two don't have quite as much going on as I do (partly because of the fact I've taken 8 days off in the past two months). Yesterday, I decided that I should go ahead and ask them if they could help me out with a few things to help me get caught up. I asked if someone would do a couple slabs for me. M responded that she had time and would do them. Then D came over a bit after that (since M had already gotten the slabs) and said if there was anything else I needed help with, he didn't have much going on and could help out. So I sent him a couple ECOs that I hadn't been able to get to yet. And because of that, I was able to finish my plan yesterday so I should be able to price it today (on time) and get my elevation done that I need to as well.

I am beyond grateful for these 2 people I work with. Selflessly offering to help me out when they're a little slow on work. I'm totally thinking of buying them lunch today because they're so awesome (and I won $20 at bunco last night!!).

I'm feeling much better about the situation. I really thought I would not be able to get all the things done I needed to do this week and on into next week. But with the help of my co-workers, I think it might actually happen. Maybe if I do actually get caught up on my work I will have that free time to work on bigger and better things. Maybe then I'll be more happy with my job. Maybe then I'll continue to show my boss that I'm a valuable team player. Maybe then (hopefully sooner than later) I can get promoted again (or promoted back up again). Wishful thinking for now, I know, because of this god-awful housing market, but hey, I'm looking on the bright side! I haven't done that in a while!

Goodness! 7:15am! I better ski-daddle before I'm late to a job I might like to keep afterall. :o)

1 comment: