Wednesday, August 5, 2009

That long, huh?

Oh my good grief! I totally did not realize that I haven't posted in over a week! I'm sorry guys. I've been a complete mess since John's been gone this time. I don't know why this trip seems so different than the others, but it feels longer and I'm having a lot harder time with him being away. I've also been crazy busy.

My sister-in-law has been in Pittsburgh all summer on an internship and she came home the past two weekends so I've been doing things with the in-laws since she's been home. She's getting married next May and I'm a bridesmaid so the weekend before last we went to the big Bridal Extravaganza. That was fun. Then this past weekend we went and saw Harry Potter on Saturday and had a nice dinner for her fiance's birthday. Then on Sunday, the venue they're getting married at, the same as where John and I were married, was having an open house with lots of vendors so we went to that to visit with different vendors so she can start to find a florist, photographer, etc. She's trying to get a lot done sooner than later because her fiance is off to Pittsburgh next month to start his job while she comes home for her last semester and then heads to Pittsburgh herself in January...then back home for the wedding in May.

Oh, and my mother-in-law is making not only her wedding dress, but also the bridesmaid dresses. Guess what we both realized last week? More than likely, I'll be pregnant by the time the wedding comes around! So we'll have to wait until last minute to make my dress. And they're even looking at some different patterns than what they already have so that maybe she can find a nice dress she likes that has an empire waist, which would be better fitting on a pregnant lady. :o)

So I've hardly been home the past two weekends. And each night during the week I've been trying to work around the house (as I'm the only one there to work on it). Our house has been an absolute PIGSTY as of late. It was starting to totally gross me out. So I've been steadily working on that. Plus trying to work on the yard as well. I think I mentioned we finally got some new grass laid in the backyard and since it's been so freaking dry, I've had to remember to water the lawn every day when I get home. And the chinch bugs are killing our grass in the front yard so I went the other night and got some yard bug killer and spread that out last night and watered it in. Then come to find out that our fence is now starting to lean even more than it was after the hurricane so we REALLY need to get that taken care of soon. Thankfully while I was outside yesterday, the neighbor came out and mentioned the fence to me, which I had also noticed this week and she offered to help fix it...whatever we need from them. They're nice neighbors. I told her I was planning on talking to our Purchasing guy here at work to see if I can get one of our fence vendors to come out and fix it for a discount. I need to get on that.

Oh my! See what happens when I'm gone for so long?? I just keep talking and talking!! So sorry guys. And I haven't even mentioned work yet!! Okay, okay, I'll save that for another post. :o) And now my lunch is over and I've got to get back to work. Thanks for hanging in there and I hope to start getting back to more routine posting. John comes home Sunday, so that will help. Well...except for the fact that we're heading out on another vacation on Wednesday. To Iowa we go for the Sweet Corn Festival. Oh, it will be so much fun!

Oh yeah...I was leaving...right.

No comments: