Saturday, August 29, 2009

Catching up

The other night I mentioned that I was going to meet up with an old friend last night. Since John had to jet off to Brazil last minute, it ended up just being me, her, her husband, and their 9mo. old son. But let me tell you, it was fantabulous time!

H and I grew up together. We lived just down the street from one another. We played softball together, had classes together, practically lived at one another's houses when we were young. We stayed close for many, many years. Then our sophomore year of high school, I believe it was, her family moved from Texas to Minnesota where her dad was originally from. It was sad to see her go, but I knew it wouldn't be forever. We'd been too close over the years!

We corresponded here and there. Saw each other once or twice. But it was hard being across the country from each other, trying to live our own lives. A few years later we got a wedding invitation in the mail for her. I was so happy she had found a great guy and fell in love, but I knew after that it would be even harder to try to keep in touch.

Well, thank the heavens for internet, right?? She recently got a Facebook page and it just so happened that she was one of my "suggested friends" since we both had the same hometown. I was overjoyed to find her again! I thought about her a lot over the years and was so happy we could finally talk again! It was like 8 years hadn't passed at all.

She still has some family in the area so she sent me a message saying there were coming down for a visit this weekend and would I like to get together. Of course I would! That would be awesome! So we met up for dinner last night and spent a good two and a half hours catching up. I got to meet her husband, who is really a wonderful guy. I got to meet their son, who is just too cute for words! It was a great time and while I wish John would have been there to share it, it didn't make it any less special.

I gave her my blog address so she can keep up with me, so H, if you're reading, I'm soooooooooooooooo glad I got to see you!! And we will most definitely keep in touch!!

No comments: