Monday, August 31, 2009

Reconnection Weekend

Okay, it seems like this weekend was a weekend of reconnections for me. It was pretty nice, actually. Being home alone, it was nice to get out of the house and see people I haven't seen in years. I already told you about my dinner on Friday. Well then on Saturday I had another reconnection which was pretty random, actually, but I'm so glad it happened!

I was trying to work around the house on Saturday, but really I just kept getting sidetracked and ended up spending a lot of time on the computer. I was browsing Facebook and saw one of my "friends" on there mentioned she was hosting her first bunco night that night. I knew this girl in highschool. She was a freshman when I was a senior so we weren't super close or anything, but we were both in band and hung out. She went to the same college as me, but again, I was on my way out as she was on her way in so I only saw her a few times. Anywho, she mentions something about the fact she's an old married lady since she's playing bunco. Well. I've been playing bunco for years now, so I had to comment and let her know she was not alone! A couple hours later, I get a phone call from her! (my phone number is on my Facebook page...) She says she saw my comment and they actually still needed another player and wondered if I wanted to come play since she had seen that my husband was out of the country. Aww...how sweet! Bunco lover that I am, I of course said yes!

I get over there that night and turns out there were two other girls from her class in highschool that were there as well! It had been even longer since I had seen them. We had a really fun time playing bunco. Most of the people there had never played before or had only played once or twice (besides me, the master...) so it was quite entertaining. :o) And I might even play with them again if they're still short a player. And I will definitely be calling her up for our bunco night since we almost always need extra players.

Anyone else care to join us?

No comments: