Monday, August 24, 2009

When I say "can do"...

I guess I sure mean it!

Let me start by saying I had an awesome weekend. Want to know why? Because I made stuff happen this weekend! I'm super sore from it all, but it was worth it!

Friday after work I went to NY&Co to check out their BOGO free pants on tax free weekend with my $25 off $75 purchase coupon. I was a little disappointed, but I ended up leaving with a new pair of work pants, a new pair of jeans, and a new shirt for work. I was disappointed because they had some super cute button up shirts but I needed the torso of the XS and the arms of the S. Darn it. Stupid fat arms. After I got home, my mother and sister in laws came by and we all went to dinner. Then the hubby and I watched the last disc of Entourage Season 5 and called it a night.

Slept in a bit on Saturday, but after I got up, I went to work! I've been wanting to shampoo the carpets, but I had a lot of picking up to do before I could do that. I started in the guest room (because it had the fewest things to pick up). Once I got all the sheets off the bed (after my brother in law slept in there while watching our dogs) and picked up everthing off the floor, I decided that now was a better time than any to go ahead and paint the room! So I spent the rest of my Saturday painting. :o)

I still needed to shampoo the carpets, so after a pretty leisurely morning of blueberry muffins and 3 epsiodes of Royal Pains, I got back to work. I did any last paint touchups then put all the paint supplies away. Then I got to picking up things off the floor in the office (the main room needing shampooing since the dogs live in there). Since I was renting the shampooer from the grocery store, I worked on making a grocery list then hubby and I ran to the store, bought lots of food (I hadn't been to the store in a couple weeks) and after a minor mishap with the customer service booth, finally got the shampooer and got home. Hubby went to a soccer game with some guys from work so it was just me all evening. I cleaned the carpets in the office and upstairs hallway and the stairs. Ate my dinner, watched last week's Mad Men, then this week's, hubby got home and I went to bed completely and utterly exhausted.

Overall it was a great weekend. Hubby got the second doghouse almost completely built. He took down the fabric off the gazebo until hurricane season is over, and we got covers for our patio furniture and put those on.

I'm super pumped about my guest room. I can't wait until it's all put together and I can post some pictures for you guys. I can finally unveil my new bed set that I never put on! (and the matching curtains) I'm actually hoping to get a lot of it finished tonight, so keep your eyes peeled for an update!

No comments: