Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back to the counting board...

So much for my trying to do Weight Watchers again. I wasn’t really tracking my points. I just kind of took note of how many points things were, but I didn’t write anything down or anything like that. It was working pretty good for about 2 weeks, I finally got back down under 130. Then came the wedding in Florida and it went back up, but as soon as we got back home and I started eating “normally” again, it went back down. Unfortunately it has gone back up after this past weekend, which I thought wasn’t too bad, eating wise. Well, I blame it on the cookies John forced me to make on Friday…we’ve been eating some every single day. Then there was Chik-fil-a on Saturday morning…but I only got 4 chicken minis…nothing else. Oh yeah, then Frito pie for two different meals. And we went out to dinner Saturday night where I ate more red beans and rice than I should have. Okay, so this weekend was not great. Either way I’m still not where I want to be and I HAVE to do something about it. So, it’s back to ACTUALLY counting points…staying within my point range…and working out!!

Thank goodness our workout class starts back up again this week…today, actually. That will help out. And I must must MUST do more cardio at home. Last night was a great example of what we SHOULD be doing. I made sure to have a snack late in the afternoon so I could workout once I got home. I did 30min of cardio on my Wii workout game (My Fitness Coach, MFC from now on) then a couple minutes on the Wii Fit (where it shamefully said, “Oh, it’s been 33 days since your last workout!”). But I was pleasantly interrupted on the WiiFit with John asking if we wanted to take the dogs on a walk since it was so nice outside. Which we did, for about 45min. down to the big retention pond behind our subdivision where we let the dogs off the leash and let them frolic in the water. It was a very nice evening…minus almost getting drug across the ground when the dogs spotted a rabbit and took off after it faster than I could get my footing!! It was already after 8pm when we got back home, so I just made chicken sandwiches for dinner. Though made with frozen breaded spicy chicken patties, that alone cost me 320 calories! Geez. But yeah, we definitely need more nights like that.

Oh, and about me trying to wake up early to workout…had some help with that this morning. Major woke us up whining about 3am, so John gets up to let him out. Apparently he was having trouble trying to poop…poor dog. Then he starts whining again at 6:05am. My alarm was set to go off at 6:15am, so I go ahead and get up. Turns out he had thrown up in his crate and couldn’t lay back down, so I let them both out and brought his bed downstairs to wash. By now it’s only 6:15am and I’m wide awake. Well, I had done so much cardio last night, I didn’t want to do anymore this morning, so instead I put together a lunch for John (then forgot to tell him about it) and washed a couple dishes, then went upstairs and woke John up and ironed a shirt for him, then put away my three loads worth of clean clothes. And by that time it was time for me to get in the shower. I love mornings where I get so much done! Thank you Major for throwing up! J

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Haha I bet you never thought you would be telling him thank you for throwing up!! I'm glad you got so much done this morning!! I need to be better about waking up early too. I snooze for about 30 minutes and then I am rushing to get ready.