Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gone Again

It’s usually not a good sign when your husband calls to tell you he went with his boss to go get all his vaccinations for going to Africa during lunch. I knew there was talk of John having to go to Africa at some point, but never anything official. Until I got the call this morning.

John: “So, how would you feel about me leaving on the 13th to go to Paris and then going to Africa and coming back the 25th or 26th?”

Me: “That’s two weeks!”

John: “Not quite.”

Me: “Oh sorry…13 days!”

How would I feel…how do you think I would feel about you going off to two foreign countries for 2 weeks? But I do know it’s a great experience for him and will definitely help him professionally. So I’m okay that he goes. As long as he brings souvenirs and helps me clean the house before he leaves. J Hey, at least this time he’s leaving the day AFTER the holiday. Hmm…come to think of it, it will be the first holiday of 2009 we’ll get to spend together!

I don’t think I like this trend though. He was gone 5 days in January, 7 days in February, and now up to 13 for April! I guess that’s more reason to take my last vacation day over Easter to spend a little more time together before he goes.

No comments: