Friday, March 27, 2009

Exercising

I honestly really really really want to know how to reset my internal clock so that I can be in bed at 10pm to be able to wake up at 6am to work out in the mornings. I used to be able to do this quite easily. I don’t know what happened, but now I rarely can get in bed before 11pm and can’t drag myself out of bed until 7am. Now, I want to work out in the mornings because I find it a little harder to try to work out in the evenings, besides our workout class. Since I don’t get home until 6pm, I like to be able to start dinner right away because I HATE eating late (even though it seems to happen more often than not). Plus I’m usually hungry by then, so I don’t want to wait any longer to eat. But after we eat and watch a couple of our shows and clean up the kitchen, I’m not in the mood to work out anymore. I don’t really like working out after I eat, and I’m usually too hungry to work out before I eat! So the best possible scenario would to be to wake up earlier and do my work out in the morning, then it wouldn’t be so bad if I don’t get to exercise in the evening. I just can’t seem to get myself out of bed! I used to be able to easily wake up at 5:45am every morning, now my alarm goes off at 6:30am and I go back to sleep until almost 7am EVERY morning!

For the record, for quite a few months in the recent past I hadn’t slept well at all. I would just toss and turn and never get a real restful sleep. So I attributed my sluggish-ness in the mornings to that. But lately, I have been sleeping much better. I should be able to get up, right? Maybe I’ll just start setting my alarm earlier. Like 6:15am instead of 6:30am, so if I still lay there for 30 more minutes, I’m then getting up at 6:45am instead of 7am. Do that for a couple weeks. Then move it back to 6am, so then I’m getting up at 6:30am. Then slowly make myself not stay in bed 30min. after the alarm. And hopefully make it where my alarm goes off at 6am and I can actually get straight up out of bed. Of course, that also means being very strict about getting to bed early.

I always feel so much better when I start the day off productively. I would love to be able to start walking the dogs in the morning and doing my workout game on the Wii. Maybe then I could actually finally lose these stubborn pounds that keep sticking around. And not having to worry about fitting in exercise into my evenings would free up some time to do other stuff…like clean the house, and do laundry, and play with the dogs. It would be a win-win for everyone! Now to just make it happen!!

No comments: