Monday, September 14, 2009

A few more steps

You know I'd been feeling pretty down about my lack of accomplishments lately. Well, I am feeling quite a bit better on that front. Yesterday I was able to get all the clothes washed, I cleaned the kitchen, I swept the floors, and I washed our towels. The only thing I didn't get to was changing my sheets, but hey, it's a start, right? And tonight I even mowed the lawn again!

The only reason I'm not feeling so great is because my husband had to go back to Brazil last night. So I'm home alone again this week. It's really starting to get lonely around here. But at least I have a cleaner house to be lonely in, I guess. I'm trying to keep busy though. Like tonight, with mowing the lawn. My workout class starts tomorrow. Wednesday a friend invited me over for dinner, but I would have gone to the library if she hadn't. Thursday is Bunco. I invited a couple friends over for a girls night in on Friday. And then I'll clean more on Saturday in anticipation of hubby coming home Sunday morning. So I'm trying to stay busy, but I'm still in a funk.

You know, I don't think I would feel so down when he's away if I were enjoying my job. It is seriously a struggle just to get through each day. At this point, I think I'm way beyond "burnt out". And I just don't know what to do. I started working on a couple new projects and I was excited about it...doing something new and different...but then I got a new plan to work on. I am just so tired of estimating. Which pretty much sucks since I'm a Senior Estimator. Don't get me wrong, I like working, I like my coworkers, I love the money. But I just can't stand the work I'm doing right now. And with this economy, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to move to any new position in the near future. So I am stuck. And I don't know what to do about it. How do you struggle through the work day but still try to put on a happy face for your boss? It's becoming increasingly difficult and I just don't know how much longer I can keep up the charade before I just lose it. Hopefully until after Christmas so I can make sure all our holiday spending is covered. :o)

Sorry for the pretty uninteresting post. I tend to write pretty blandly when I write at night. Like I said the other day, I have so much more interesting things to write about when I'm at work, but don't get the chance to write them before I forget what I was going to say. So, I'll try to do better, but just try to bare with me while I work it all out.

I'm going to go let the dogs out to potty now and try to go to sleep. It's so much harder to sleep when I have to do it alone...

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. Hooray for good friends--both online & analog--for keeping you company!