Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I knew there was something...

Well, I found out last night one of the main reasons that my husband is so reluctant to let me quit my job. He’s worried about the future of his company. But really, he doesn’t need to be. I know his company will be fine. His boss has told him that he’s fine, they’re fine, it’s all fine. But my husband is not so much the optimistic. For some odd reason he is convinced that his company will just run out of work to do and they’ll have to shut down. Umm…doubt it, but whatever. (He’s in the oil industry…really?) He did say, though, that if we won the lottery tonight (uh, for which he has yet to buy any tickets…) that I could quit my job tomorrow. And I quote, “I’d feel much better if we won the lottery.” Wow, really? Because that’s what happens to most people…they win the lottery. Good grief. He’s got his sights a little skewed here. He’s pessimistic about the future of his company and his job (which is not in jeopardy) yet totally optimistic about winning the lottery (which is so not likely to happen). Huh. Okay.

But at least that gave me the perfect opportunity to yet again mention the fact that now would be the prime time to be saving all the money we possibly can. Wouldn’t you agree?

And he just rolls his eyes.

Whatever.

For now, I will focus on getting my Etsy store up and running, scrutinizing every single penny we spend, and hopefully building up a nest egg large enough to convince him that we’ll be perfectly fine if (and when) I quit my day job.

Speaking of my Etsy store, while I have not opened it yet, I did finally decide on a store name. Two Lazy Daisies. Cute, huh? And no, there’s not two of me, nor do I have a partner. It’s named for my two dogs. Every time I see them just sleeping the day away, I always say they’re being a bunch of big lazy daisies. Now that I’ve finally nailed down a name, I have to start thinking about my “image”. Oh yeah, and start actually making things to sell! My goal is to open shop by November so try to keep pestering me to make sure I’m on track with that!

Thanks!

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I totally agree with tucking away whatever money you can, no matter what the economy is like. It never *ever* hurts to be prepared. I wonder what has him so uneasy about his job/company though? Sure seems like they are finding more than enough for him to do!

Andrea said...

Hey, just stopped by from SITS. That's a really cute name for an Etsy shop!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a good time to open - before the holidays.
Stopped by from SITS.