Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So fed up!

With myself...or really, more with my body. Just a warning, this will most likely be a TMI post so if you don't want to read it, I understand. But if you do, you might want a little background info and you can find that on this other TMI post here.

Okay, so why am I fed up? Um, probably because my body thinks that I've gone back in time and wants to live through Eighth Grade again! I'm totally serious. I have pimples all over face, chest, AND back. My (already small) boobs have shrunk to pre-teen levels. And I have not had a normal, natural period in the eigth plus months since I've been off birth control. Yeah. Like I said. Eighth. Grade. What the heck, body?

I've been to the dermatologist numerous times about my acne. While it's not really bad, it's full on moderate and always has been. I have never gone a day without one, and usually several, pimples on my face. I've tried it all. Over the counter, prescription, mail order. I finally found one prescription that worked pretty darn well, but of course, my doctor said I shouldn't use it when I get pregnant, and since we're trying I've stopped using it. And now back to square one trying to find something else that works. In the mean time, however, my acne has gotten pretty darn severe on my chest and back. I'll be planning another appointment with the derm. here shortly. This has gone on long enough!

The one good thing to come out of this was the fact that I lost about 10 pounds finally. And while that meant losing what little boobage I had gained (and then some), I have been able to keep it off quite easily and now have a killer stomach. I am proud of that stomach, just not the non-existant and acne ridden chest it's attached to. Seriously, I barely fill out a 32A these days. I wore an XS button up shirt to work the other day and it was too big through the chest area. I'm not okay with that!

Like I said in my other post, I have to take progesterone pills every two months I don't have a period. Well, that's the only reason I've had any periods in the last eight months. And obviously, no natural periods means no ovulating either. Yay. That's super helpful when you're trying to get pregnant, let me tell you! I mean, eight months so far. Should I be concerned about that? My doctor doesn't seem to be too concerned. She'd rather I just got on the clomid, got pregnant, and be done with it. She also says I'm still young and otherwise healthy, so it should be okay. Um...do I need to find a new doctor?

Sorry guys for the TMI, but I'm just frustrated with it all right now. Oh and look at that, 8:15am. I leave for work in 15 minutes and I haven't even dried my hair yet. Oops. Wish I could just call in sick, but I have too much to do today. Maybe tomorrow. :o)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OIY. I cringe for you. So sorry. I'd give you some chocolate but that probably wouldn't help with your skin.

I guess maybe I can pass you a fruity beverage and pat your shoulder.

It's nice to meet you though. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Ugh. Sorry you're going through this. My friend had success with Proactive but it dried her skin out and made it start peeling.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Being a girl is just so not easy sometimes. =/ I will say this much about your doctor: She works for you & if you do not feel like she's really listening to your concerns, then it's time for someone new.

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry for you. What a misery.