Monday, September 21, 2009

What a Weekend

Wow, I feel like I’ve been away forever! Guess it’s good it’s only been a few days. Ended up having a bunch going on this weekend. Don’t think I got on the computer at all all weekend! Crazy, huh? Well, here’s a little recap for you:



 

Friday: I hosted a Girls Night In at my house with my two best friends. We made spaghetti, French bread, and cookies and watched the movie 17 Again. We hadn’t gotten together just the 3 of us in a while so it’s was nice to hang out a bit. We had a good time and the movie was really good! And Val brought over this new red wine that I actually liked! (I’m totally not a big wine drinker, red especially, but this was awesome!) I tried to buy some at Kroger yesterday, but they didn’t sell that brand. :o( I’ll probably go to HEB this weekend for groceries, so I’ll pick some up there. They have a MUCH larger wine selection.

 



Saturday: Even though I didn’t get to bed until after midnight, I got up early so B and I could go do some shopping first thing in the morning. We went to Hobby Lobby and Michael’s and I got a whole bunch of bead supplies (and $0.99 Simplicity patterns!) so I can start stocking up for my Etsy store. This week all the chains and findings and metal things are on sale, so I’ll go back and get that type stuff sometime this week. Then I should have a pretty good amount to start with and can actually start making some stuff with which I can finally OPEN the Etsy store! On my way home from shopping, my MIL called and my SIL and her fiancé were in town and they were going to see the movie Nine and wanted to know if I wanted to go. So I went down to MIL’s house and we went to the movie (which was pretty good) and then ran some errands then went back to her house and we had dinner over there. I didn’t get home until almost 9pm so I ended up being gone pretty much the entire day.

 



Sunday: Hubby finally got home! He got to the house about 6:30am and just came up and got in bed. (Yeah, I was totally still sleeping) We ended up both sleeping until after 9am, I think! Guess I really needed the sleep! We got up, had breakfast, and made a grocery list. Then we took the dogs down to MIL’s house and had lunch over there for her birthday today. Then we stopped by FIL’s apartment to say “hi” since hubby just got back. We got back home, dropped off the dogs, then went to Houston Garden Center to take advantage of their 70% off sale. We finally bought a tree for the backyard! And thanks to 70% off, we got a 20 gallon, $130 tree for only $40! Hubby and I went back and forth for like 20 minutes over which tree to get. He really wanted the Sweetgum and I really wanted the Chinese Elm. We ended up getting the Chinese Elm since I told him, based on my research, that it had a much better chance of survival. And maybe later on we can go back and get the Sweetgum, too. But we’ll see. We brought the tree home and then I went to the grocery store while hubby started digging the hole to plant the tree. Turns out in this DROUGHT the ground is WAAAAAAY hard so it’s not planted yet. He had to have his brother bring back our post hole digger to try to use that to help out, but he didn’t bring it up until after 7pm when he was on his way back to school, so maybe he can work on it tonight. Good thing we bought some good Miracle Grow garden soil for planting it. From the looks of it, our backyard dirt is pretty nutrient poor.

 



So that was my weekend. I have another post brewing in my head about some other things going on, so maybe I’ll be able to get to that today. I at least have to start writing it before I forget! It’s just nice to finally have my husband back. For a bit, at least. He apparently might have to go to the UK in a couple weeks, but just for a couple days IF he goes. But he shouldn’t have to go back to Brazil until closer to the end of October. Gosh, I can’t believe there’s only a week and a half of September left! Good thing I started ordering Christmas gifts last night! Where does the time go??

 



1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! I did not. Just a hair appointment & hanging around home. I needed a quiet weekend, because things are gearing up to be busy for me for quite a few of the weekends coming up!