Monday, September 7, 2009

The Ups and the Downs

How was everyone's weekend? I love long weekends. I can get so much more done! This long weekend for me had some ups and it had some downs.

We'll start with the downs and get those out of the way so we can end on a good note, shall we? Plus, there were fewer downs than ups, so that's good, right?

One down was the fact that I really didn't get much cleaning done around the house. And boy does it need it! I really should have cleaned the kitchen and gotten more laundry done and went to the grocery store, but I didn't. Other than that, the really only other bad thing was the fact that my husband, who also had the day off today, didn't actually take the day off. He left this morning to meet his boss at work, then went from there to a draft for a fantasy football league he joined, then from there went to his boss's house to do some more work. So he left this morning before 10am and didn't get back for another 12 hours. :o(

Now, for the ups! We went to the beach on Saturday and that was really fun. The dogs had a blast, it was a beautiful day, and it was great to spend some times with friends. Sunday, I got the office all painted, so I was really happy about that. I've only been wanting to finish painting the rest of the house for months, and in the past month, I've gotten 2 more rooms done! Yay! So, while hubby was away today, I worked on getting the office put back together and started with the big organization project for that room. It might be a mess for a while yet since there is A LOT to go through and organize. So, needless to say, I will not be able to post some before/after pictures for some time. I also went out to a movie this evening with some friends, too. We went and saw Gamer. It was a different movie, but good. The fact that it starred Gerard Butler was a definite plus. :o) Love that guy. And while hubby did not go, since he was not home, I still had a good time and am glad that I went and got out of the house for a bit. But too bad for him because I know he would have liked the movie, but now he'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD and we can put it on our Netflix.

See? I told you there were more pluses about the weekend than minuses. However, I've been feeling quite dizzy since I got home earlier this evening. Weird. But maybe I'll still be dizzy in the morning and can call in sick to work. :o) Anywho...I digress...I meant to say, I've been dizzy so I'm gonna go ahead and call it a night. I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and enjoy this nice short week!

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you're feeling better this morning! Dizzy is no fun! Maybe the paint fumes got to you?