Monday, June 1, 2009

Banana Nut Bread Recipe

I was just a cooking fool yesterday! Along with my Enchiladas, I also made some Banana-Nut Bread. I had a few overripe bananas so I just had to! I LOVE banana nut bread!! Unfortunately, I overcooked them a tad. I always forget to reduce my time when I make them in the mini-loaf pans. But it's still yummy! (If not just a tad dry) This recipe is out of my Williams-Sonoma Breads cookbook. I think it tastes great!

Banana-Nut Bread
6 Tbsp. butter, at room temp.
1 c. sugar
2 or 3 very ripe bananas, coarsely mashed
3 large eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. coarsely chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour loaf pan(s)
2. Beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add bananas and eggs and beat until smooth. Add the buttermilk and beat just until combined.
3. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and nuts. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and beat just until combined. The batter should be slightly lumpy. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan(s). It should be no more than 2/3 full. Bake until dark golden brown and dry to the touch and edges pull away from pan sides, about 55-60min. (for one large loaf). A cake tested inserted into the middle should come out clean. Let rest 5 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.

Mmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look yummy!