Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One of THOSE weeks

Ugh. Yes, it has been one of those weeks. Work has been crazy busy. I’ve had no time to play on blogger or catch up on my Google reader. :o(  I mean, I should be working on something right now, but I knew if I didn’t start this post, I would forget what I was going to say later when I (might actually) have time!

But not only has work been crazy busy, I’ve been working my butt off at home too, trying to get the house in presentable shape to host Bunco tomorrow. Lots of food to prep, lots of rooms to clean, lots of clutter to be put away…lots, lots, lots! But my preparations all week should pay off. I made the dessert last night. I cut up celery and made lemonade this morning. I’ll be putting together the kabobs and making the pasta salad tonight. And everything else is more or less, throw on a plate and serve ready. Phew! Good thing, too since I’ll only get home about 30min. before people start showing up and I’ll have to feed the dogs and change in that time, too! And cleaning-wise, I only have to sweep and mop tonight so that shouldn’t take long. I wanted to wait as long as I could to do that so there’s a little less chance the dogs will track in more dirt and hair.

With all that, I realized today that I did not post my Progress Report Tuesday post yesterday. Oops. Not too much to report though. I haven’t been actively trying to lose any more weight. I’m pretty happy where I am and just want to keep working out to keep up my toned-ness. But I’m still tracking my weight almost every day just to make sure I don’t slack too much in the “watch what I eat” department and start slowly gaining some back. Since I was up 1 pound last week, I kept a more watchful eye on what I put in my mouth and am happy to say that I got that pound back off. :o) Go me! So I am still hovering right around 10 total pounds lost which is amazing. I’m very proud of myself and definitely want to keep up this body because I’m finally liking the way it looks!!

Oh oh! I have to tell y’all this funny story! So John got his iPhone on Monday, right? Well, since then he’s been trying to find fun apps to put on it. Last night he downloaded some drink recipe app where you put in an ingredient and it will tell you all the cocktails that have that ingredient and how to make them. So what was he doing last night at 11pm while we’re getting into bed? Asking me to give him ingredients so he can look up drinks! He’s so funny. It’s like, he gets this cool new phone and he can’t put it down! He was checking his work email in BED last night! Crazy. He LOVES this phone. He thinks it’s the greatest thing ever. So, of course, I keep asking, “When am I getting mine??” Last night he says, “I don’t know…if I’M on it this much, I don’t even WANT to know how much YOU’LL be on it!!”  Haha! But he did say sometime after he gets back from Brazil we’ll go get me one. Not sure if we’ll make it in the week before we leave on OUR vacation, but sometime in July. Thank goodness he got switched over when he did. Just in time for me to get the new iPhone 3Gs!  :o)

Okay, okay, okay. I HAVE to get back to work now before they realize I’m not doing anything productive!!  :o)

No comments: