Friday, June 12, 2009

Need Opinions!

Okay, guys, I need some opinions. I need help in deciding if I should get a new phone. I’ve only had this one since last October and I’m not eligible for my New Every Two until next June, but I just don’t think I can make it that long. I think it might be worth extending my contract another two years just to get a new phone. And I will tell you why.

When I first got this phone, I was upgrading from just a regular old phone, no bells or whistles. We also had just a regular plan…all texts, email, web was all pay per so I didn’t use it at all. Well, when upgrading my phone, I also upgraded my plan to an all inclusive. I know have unlimited texts, email, navigator and web. And I use it now. A LOT. I about kill my battery every day now with how much I’m on the web on my phone. And that is because we’re blocked from like EVERYTHING here at work so anytime I want to browse the web, on my phone I get. Now that I use my phone for all that so much, I’m realizing that the phone I have just isn’t cutting it. What I have right now is the Samsung Glyde. Good things about it: full slide out keyboard, ability to browse just about any website, doesn’t have to be a specifically “mobile” version of a website. Drawbacks: small screen, touchscreen isn’t very responsive, randomly turns off.

In my new phone I would like to still keep the touchscreen. I do like it, I would just like one that actually responds when I touch it! I also need a much larger screen with how much I’m on the web. And it still has to have at least all the same features as I have right now, but maybe the ability to add applications might be nice. So I’m sure that you are all thinking, why not get the iPhone? Well, I’m with Verizon, so I can’t get the iPhone. And I like Verizon so I don’t necessarily want to switch just for that. So I have to find a phone with Verizon that meets all my criteria. They’ve recently come out with a lot of good phones, so here’s a few that I’m looking at. Granted, I have not actually gone into the store to check out these phones in person, but from the website, they appear to have the features I’m in search of.

Phone #1 – LG Versa – Got a customer review of 4 out of 5 stars; I like the fact that you can customize the home screen; has the HTML browsing I’m looking for; has the automatic rotating of the screen
The new LG Versa™ is the runaway favorite for MVP – Most Versatile Phone. Thanks to next–generation technology, the home screen is transformed into a sizzling, animated 3D user interface. Quickly customize up to 3 different home screens with your favorite features, apps, or contacts. Make your move…the built–in accelerometer rotates screens automatically from portrait to landscape or controls games using rotation movements. The slim, sleek bar design with an elegant chrome border stands out from the crowd. Also at your fingertips: a 2.0 megapixel camera with flash and camcorder, integrated music player optimized with Bluetooth® stereo capability, microSD™ memory port, visual voicemail & HTML web browsing. If you’re looking for smart technology, sophisticated style and the ultimate in versatility, take a good look at the new LG Versa.

Phone #2 – LG en-v Touch – Got a customer review of 5 out of 5 stars; this phone flips open to a full keyboard which I’m not sure I’ll like; has a higher megapixel camera; has the HTML browsing; has a document viewer to be able to read .xls, .doc, .pdf which is a plus


Designed for your most discriminating customers, the new LG enV® TOUCH combines undeniable style with an unrivaled multimedia experience. The exceptional range of leading–edge features puts the enV TOUCH in the company of the world’s finest handsets. Its bright, external touch screen measures an impressive three inches and features state–of–the–art tactile feedback. The full–size QWERTY keyboard, with widely spaced keys, accommodates the texting needs of the most demanding executives.

Phone #3 – Blackberry Storm – Got a rating of 3 out of 5 stars; I LOVE the push screen (I tested it out at the store a while back when getting my phone serviced); higher megapixel camera; global ready for all those out of the country trips I might someday go on with John; pre-loaded Facebook…nice; MS Office doc support; basically all the great things about a Blackberry

Introducing the world's first touch screen BlackBerry only from America's largest 3G network, Verizon Wireless. At work or at play, the BlackBerry® Storm™ keeps you connected to both sides of life. The breakthrough SurePress™ touch screen with a tactile click response allows you to accurately navigate within every advanced feature that's packed in the Storm including a music player, 3.2 megapixel camera and a true Internet web browser. Plus, enhance your productivity with email, MS Office document support and advanced global capabilities, and keep connected with social tools like Instant Messaging and pre–loaded Facebook and Flickr applications.

Okay, so with what you know about what I use my phone for, which of these would YOU pick? And in case I didn’t specify well enough, I do: texts, email, web browsing, online purchases, facebook, twitter, blog…I basically do it all!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'd go with the en-v. I've heard not-so-good things about the blackberry storm. I get a new phone in Nov. I'm so excited!! Mine's about to bite the weenie!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

the storm!!!!

Shawna said...

Get the Blackberry. They make good products. I don't know about the first two...

That being said, I think you're getting greedy! You upgrade and you want another upgrade already?? Tsk tsk!

Shawna's Study Abroad