Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Progress Report Tuesday

It’s Tuesday, right? I did wake up this morning wondering what day it was. Then wanted to cry when I realized it was only Tuesday. Seems like a long week already! Geez.

Either way, it’s time for Progress Report Tuesday! The results this week, a loss of 1 pound! Not quite sure how that happened. Wait. Scratch that. I do know how. I don’t think we went out to eat once in the past week. Hmm…what a difference cooking one’s own dinner makes! Oh, and more than one meal this weekend consisted entirely of popcorn. And while I did not track any points again this week, I still kept my afternoon snacks and dinners low to no carb. I’m telling you, it works!! I mean, how else could I lose a whole pound, not tracking my points, writing down what I ate, OR doing any exercise??

Yes, workout class was cancelled both Tuesday and Thursday and lazy me didn’t do anything else instead. It was a busy week this past week. With no good shows on TV, we were actually doing things in the evenings. Working in the yard, cleaning the house, cooking.

That’s like last night, I felt like I had such a productive evening! Having watched no TV, I updated our budget spreadsheet for the month of May (which took a long time, actually), I played on Twitter a bit, posted some recipes to my blog here, cooked dinner, washed, dried, and put away all the dirty dishes from all my cooking Sunday and last night. By 10:30pm, I was exhausted! I could barely keep my eyes open long enough to get ready for bed!

Alright, I've been working at my weight loss for just over 2 months now. My total loss so far has been 9.6 pounds! That's crazy! A lot of my work pants are actually getting really loose. And these are pants I've had for years! Some since I first started working 3 years ago. Was I really that much bigger 3 years ago when they fit when I bought them? Man, doesn't seem like it. I do think I'm a lot more fit and toned now though than I used to be. So I think I'm weighing more than I used to but I'm still smaller since I've gotten more muscle. Such a great feeling. I always told myself I wanted to be in super great shape before I ever got pregnant and it looks like I've finally made it! Just about. There's still a few jigglies that I'd like to trim down still. But CardioSalsa starts next week! Woohoo! Can't wait!

No comments: