Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Fore-warning, this will probably be long. It was a very busy weekend! Lots to talk about!

Friday: I stopped by Target on the way home to get a baby shower gift. After I got home and started wrapping it, I realized I bought 2 wrong things…wrong size on the outfit and wrong type of pacifier. Well, we ended up going to Olive Garden for dinner so we went back to Target after dinner to exchange them. And that’s about as exciting as our night got.

Saturday: Went back to the eye doctor first thing in the morning. Told her I had a few issues with my contacts so she wanted to try a new kind. But they didn’t have any in stock in the office so they had to order me a trial pair so I’ll have to go back sometime this week to get them. I tanned on the way home. John called after I left the tanning place to say he ordered a load of dirt to spread in the back yard to even it out. Got home and cleaned up so I could run errands. John got the yard ready for the dirt to be dropped and his brother was bringing up the tractor with the box blade to spread it all out. I went and ran all my errands then helped out in the yard the rest of the afternoon. I raked up grass clumps so the dirt would smooth out better and then got to work painting the dog house. We worked all day long. I was painting the dog house until it got too dark to see what I was painting anymore. We got Whataburger for dinner and ran to the Redbox and rented Gran Torino and Bride Wars. While John’s brother was still over, we watched Gran Torino while we had dinner. That was a good movie, but kind of sad. So our yard is finally not covered in holes and weeds, but now it’s covered in dirt!! But I think I’m going to see about having someone come out and lay some sod while John’s gone. And I need to water the lawn and hopefully that will help the dirt settle in. Hopefully I can remember to take some pictures. But it was  very productive day in the backyard.

Sunday: It was Father’s Day, of course, so we had to go make our rounds. But we still had to go to JCPenny to get John some new pants to take on his trip and since he was leaving that night, we didn’t have a whole lot of time to visit. We went to my parents for lunch, stopped by John’s mom’s to drop off a new drip pan for her A/C, then stopped at John’s dad’s for a bit to visit with him. We got back just in time to throw all John’s new pants in the washer so they could be done by the time he needed to leave. I started watching Bride Wars while he packed. Then when all he was waiting on was the clothes in the dryer, he finished watching Bride Wars with me. That was a really cute movie. I liked it a lot. About 6:30pm, John headed to the airport and I ran to Walgreens to return the movies and go to the grocery store. One nice thing about being alone for 2 weeks, there were 4 things on my grocery list and I ended up deciding I didn’t really NEED more Fresca, so I only had to buy 3 things!! And that will probably last me for the next 2 weeks, too! Haha! Had some vegetable soup my mom made for dinner and got Devil Wears Prada on OnDemand (it was in the Free Movies!). Laid on the couch and watched that movie which I also really liked…I hadn’t ever seen it. (Another perk of being home alone…all the chick flicks I want to watch!) It wasn’t even 10pm yet, so I went and got on the computer. I had picked out some new bedding for the guest room at jcpenny.com that I really liked and it was on sale so John said I could go ahead and buy it. So I got that. I got a new comforter set and drapes for only $166 including shipping! It was great. I saved like $140!! There wasn’t much interesting on Twitter so I decided to go ahead and go to bed. Well, by this time I remembered that I had turned on the sprinkler when I got home from the store…3 hours earlier!! So I ran out to turn it off where I realized that it had gotten stuck and had just been spraying in one area the whole time!! And it was stuck to where it was spraying right where I needed to go to get to the faucet so I got soaked trying to turn it off. I was definitely ready to get in bed after that…only to have Cocoa’s barking wake me up at 2am…so I let them out and went back to sleep. Then Major woke me up scratching at the door 3 minutes before my alarm was going to go off! Ugh…

I do remember having a super weird dream about our vacation though last night. I dreamt that we had to crawl through some tent to get to the hotel…and had to go through a kitchen where there were these guys trying to give us hamburgers before we even got into the hotel which ended up looking more like a BandB since we had to SHARE a bathroom. But the room was gorgeous with this beautiful view of the water. For some reason we ended up not all being on the same flight so while we waited for everyone else to get there we went on some tour of the area where everywhere we walked there were all these holes in the dirt where wasps apparently lived so you had to walk very carefully around them so as not to disturb the wasps so they wouldn’t come flying out. Weird, I tell you.

Overall, a good weekend…minus the fact that John left for Brazil. We got a lot accomplished. Oh, we also decided we’re going to go to the Sweet Corn Festival in Iowa this year, too. So I’m really excited about that. I haven’t been in about 15 years and John’s never been so it will be really fun. We’re going to enter the 5K so our family can win “Most Family Participants” again. We win a lot. My grandma collects the trophies. :o) We’ll need to book our flights here pretty soon since it’s in mid August. Yep, lots and lots going on around here!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Busy busy weekend!! We're gone this weekend or else I'd say you could come hang out, but you're more than welcome to come over for dinner one night next week!