Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Duh!! Still forgot!

So I still forgot to tell my other story I was going to tell! Geez…  “Attention! Attention! Julie’s brain has left the building…”  Yeah, that sounds about right.

Okay, so my story. Well, I guess it’s more of a rant. Or something. I don’t know. You decide.

Yesterday I had to stop by the liquor store on my way home to pick up some vodka for my Nantucket Lemonade I’m making for Bunco. Well, lucky me, they just opened a Spec’s directly on my way home. Good deal…I’m too short on time these days for an extra trip somewhere. Well, I had heard from a friend of my husband’s, that he went in there to buy whatever he was buying and they carded him like 4 times just while he was walking around the store! And this guy is about 2 years older than I am and doesn’t look like he’s too young to be walking around a liquor store, mind you. So as I’m planning on stopping in there, I’m prepared to get carded. I mean, it’s a liquor store, don’t they HAVE to card? I walk in, go to the vodka aisle, decide on how big a bottle I need and walk to the front. I have to wait for an open cashier, but when one is free, I walk up to the counter and set down my vodka and open my wallet all prepared to slide my ID out of its pocket while I’m also pulling out my debit card. What does the cashier ask? “Is that debit?” “Yes.” “Okay, you can slide it now.” I slide my card, punch my pin. “Okay, here’s your receipt. Have a good day!” What? She didn’t even ask to see my ID! How many 26 year olds do you know that DON’T get carded when trying to buy liquor?!? Huh. Feel like I should be insulted by that.

2 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

It's ok, I never get carded, and I'm 25. There are probably two reasons for this: A) The drinking age in Canada is 19, and I definitely look older than that, or B) My husband is 38, and although he doesn't look that old, he doesn't look 21 either, and I'm always with him when we buy alcohol. Don't feel bad....we don't look old, we just look MATURE.

Elizabeth D. said...

Nantucket Lemonade? Sounds interesting, I'd love to see the recipe! Isn't it sad when they stop carding you? I think it happened to me around 24 or 25. I guess I've always looked older, though (that's why my fake ID was so successful!).