Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Randomness

I mostly just had some random thoughts that couldn’t each have their own post, so I’ll just throw them all together here.

·         I forgot to do my Menu Plan Monday post AGAIN. But really, I don’t have a plan this week…again. With John in Brazil, I kind of fend for myself. We went out to dinner last night for Bailey’s birthday. I have lots of leftovers yet to eat from Bunco last week. My mom sent some food with me, too, when we were down there Sunday. So I’m pretty set. And I still have makings for spaghetti if I run out of all the other stuff (which probably won’t be until next week) so I can make that and eat on it for a few days, too.

·         I probably won’t do my Progress Report Tuesday posts anymore. Just for the fact that I’m not trying to lose any more weight. I did, however, lose some this week. (I’ll still be weighing myself, so I’ll still know) I was running late this morning so I didn’t remember to look and see where I was last week, but I think I’m down another pound. Not sure how seeing as we went out to dinner last night, but whatever. Probably just a fluke since I have not been weighing that amount until this morning.

·         I definitely think that I will watch a girly movie every single night while John is away. I NEVER get to watch girly movies. So here’s my chance to watch 12 girly movies that I either have not seen and really want to or ones that I have seen and love so much I need to watch again. Such is the case with last night’s feature, Twilight. I didn’t finish it though. Didn’t start watching it until about 9:30pm and then John called about half an hour later so I paused the movie to talk to him for about 20min. About 10:30pm, I took the movie upstairs to finish in bed, but I just got too tired by 11pm so I stopped it. I’ll finish it tonight…along with a new movie, too, I hope.

·         I didn’t get to talk to John until 10pm because his new iPhone with international service apparently did not have international service! The whole reason he got switched was for AT&T’s international service and they screwed up his phone plan. So it took awhile to get it fixed. Then when he did try to call my cell phone, I couldn’t hear anything! He finally called the house and I could hear just fine, and he could hear me on his end from my cell, but I couldn’t hear him. So annoying. Hopefully it’s not like that the entire trip. I need to get switched to AT&T! At least he was able to email me and let me know the situation so I at least knew he was alive!!

·         So John’s down in Brazil with their company’s Operations Manager. They went out to dinner last night and talked a lot about the project and plans for the project and plans for some new joint venture they’ve got going on with some other company. They knew they were going to start doing some rotation schedule with a couple guys for going to Brazil, but they’ve never done anything like that for a project so they’re still working out the details. But, seems the Operations Manager would like it to be a 30 day rotation. And John is one of the 2 guys in the rotation. So he’ll be here 30 days, in Brazil 30 days…and so on until they feel the project is going smoothly enough that they can shorten the rotation. So sometime in the near future my husband will start to go to Brazil for a month at a time. Yes, it sucks that he’ll be gone so much. But I just have to keep reminding myself that it’s very good for his career to be doing this and it will benefit us in the long run. Maybe he’ll even get promoted faster and I can quit working here sooner!! (Or, that’s at least what I’m hoping which is helping me to take this all more in stride. :o))

·         I desperately cannot wait until my new trial pair of contacts comes in. These are just not cutting it. They get so dry and blurry all the time! That’s not normal, is it?

·         I’m going to go to Wal-Mart on my way home tonight and see about getting some more of these super cute and comfy summer dresses like I got last year.

·         I’m going to start walking the dogs every night. Then maybe they’ll quit waking up in the middle of the night and waking me up. I’ve been so tired lately. I need my sleep! I wish I could rollerblade with them, but there is NO WAY I can rollerblade with both dogs. They’d kill me! And I would feel bad if I only took one at a time and left the other at home by themselves. So just walking it is. Maybe I’ll try to start jogging a bit with them. I want to enter that 5k at the Sweet Corn Festival and while I know I can walk it, it would be nice to know I could run it if I wanted. I doubt I can as I don’t think I’ve ever been able to jog that long, but I can try, I guess. We’ll see. I might need to get some new tennis shoes. I’ve had mine for over a year now and I wear them all the time. They might be getting too worn out for lots of walking/jogging. What’s the rule for how long to keep tennis shoes?

Hmm…I guess that’s enough rambling. Our meeting this morning was almost 2 hours long so I have a lot to get done now before lunch. Maybe I’ll ramble some more later. John’s in Brazil so I don’t have anyone to ramble to every night...I need an outlet for my rambles!!

1 comment:

ME said...

I hear you and, I am listening. :)