Monday, June 29, 2009

What day is it?

Oh yeah…Monday. I tell you what, this single lady business is hard work! Sorry I haven’t posted much lately. I’ve been so busy! With John still away, I’m trying to take care of myself, my 2 dogs, my house, preparing for vacation to the DR next week, and planning another vacation in August all by myself! I’m exhausted! And to top it all off, John said, in the 6 days he’ll be back before we leave for the DR, he might have to fly to the UK for a meeting!! Seriously?? So, he would be getting back the day before we leave and he’s already been gone for 2 weeks. I know it’s very important to his career and I’m trying to be super supportive, but how will I manage when he’s gone for a month at a time?? It’s going to be ROUGH.

Bailey and I went to Barnes&Noble on Friday. I wanted to try to find some kind of “preparing for pregnancy” book. I was sorely disappointed in their selection! I knew books were out there since I had seen them on Amazon.com, but wanting to flip through before I bought I figured I’d have luck at B&N. No, not really. We both did end up buying two books: Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy and Baby 411. Neither are really “preparing” books, but they both looked mighty useful so I went ahead and bought them anyway. I’ve been reading the Girlfriend’s book all weekend. Very informative. Gives you all the nitty gritty details about pregnancy no one else will tell you about. Odd as it is (learning all the BAD points about pregnancy), it’s actually making me look forward to it even more.

There was a pregnancy planner book at B&N that I liked, but didn’t buy, but I think I might go back and get it…or see if it’s cheaper off Amazon…but I think it was only $20 at B&N. It actually did have a good “preparing” section to it, along with sections by trimester…with information and places to write notes/information/questions.  Pretty neat little organizer. I didn’t think I wanted it at first because I didn’t think I was quite “there” yet to buy an organizer, but after this weekend, I think I am. I even talked to my mom about all the medical history on our side of the family. Learned about what her pregnancies were like…all that…which there are places to write all this info in this organizer. So now I want it.

Okay, now, how should I take this. I told John Friday about the books I bought and it really didn’t seem to phase him one bit. Then I talked to him on Saturday night and I was reading the Girlfriend’s book at the time. He asked what I was doing and I said, reading. He said, “you’re pregnancy books?” “Yeah.” “Okay.” Like nothing! I even told him about another book I ordered off Amazon..Working Girls Guide to Pregnancy…still didn’t seem to mind at all. This is the man, who up until this year, every time a person asked when we were having kids, his automatic answer was ALWAYS, “about five years…” Guess he’s finally warmed up to the idea.

BTW, my mom told me that she never once got morning sickness with either pregnancy. God, I hope I follow that trait!! But she also said she didn’t really have much trouble getting pregnant and she’s always had the same irregular periods just like me. So maybe we’ll get lucky and not have to rely on Clomid.

I think I’ll try to stop at Lowe’s on the way home today. I need to buy a new sprinkler to replace the one that keeps getting stuck in one spot. I tried to get one at Wal-Mart, but they were completely sold out. It’s soooooo dry around here, guess there’s been a run on sprinklers lately! Yet another thing I have to manage on my own…watering the lawn. At least it’s been so dry that it hasn’t grown much…though I probably still should have mowed this weekend. I might need to do that this week before John gets home though. Agh! So much to think about taking care of by myself! John needs to get a raise so I can hire a lawn guy!! But I guess since we don’t have workout class this week, that can count as my exercise!

Oh yeah, no menu plan this week. Mainly because I’m making spaghetti tonight and plan on that lasting me the rest of the week. And John gets back Friday and we usually go out when he gets home and my mom’s birthday is Saturday AND it’s 4th of July so we always do something then, too. I’m so happy for a 4 day week!!

1 comment:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Yay! Someone else who's preparing to have a baby! I love finding people in the same scenario as me...that organizer thing sounds cool, I might have to check it out!