Monday, June 1, 2009

MTV Movie Awards...and movies

I watched the MTV Movie Awards last night. I think that’s the first time in my entire life that I’ve watched them. I had heard that’s where they would be showing the first preview of New Moon, so I just HAD to see that, but also, since I’ve been becoming increasingly engrossed in the Hollywood news as of late, I just wanted to watch to watch.

Let me say, if you missed it, wow, it was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! So funny.

Also got to preview Transformers 2, which I also cannot wait to see! That comes out June 24!

Mmm...love Shia LaBeouf

Okay, as soon as I heard they were getting a new director for New Moon, plus the fact that Twilight did so well, I KNEW that New Moon would be a MUCH better movie than Twilight. And the measly 1-minute trailer they showed at the awards was more than enough to prove that! OH-MY-GOSH!!!!! It looks AWESOME. Don’t get me wrong, I did love Twilight. I mean, heck, I’ve seen it like 6 times now! BUT, you can tell it’s a low budget movie. No big time special effects or super exciting stuff. New Moon, on the other hand…I think will ROCK! No. Doubt. About. It. I can’t believe I have to wait until NOVEMBER for it to come out. Guess I’ll just have to appease myself by continuing searching for news and gossip about filming/the stars/pictures/trailers. :o)

I’m all about the Hollywood gossip these days. I’m so silly.

Oh oh oh!! Before I forget! Went and saw Star Trek on Friday. That movie was GREAT! I didn’t really want to see it. Actually, I never saw much about it. No commercials, or previews, so I didn’t have much idea what it would be like. But hubby really wanted to see it. So us and some friends went Friday night. I was REALLY glad I decided to go after we watched it. Good enough movie, we’ll be buying it when it comes out on DVD. I did watch the old Star Trek TV shows, so I got some of the funny lines they threw in from the old shows/movies, but even someone who never saw ANY Star Trek loved it as well. Chris Pine (plays Capt. Kirk) is gorgeous! And hilarious! I totally recommend seeing it!!

Whoa.

Okay, so back to the movie awards. Now, (obviously) I am a HUGE fan of Twilight. Loved the books, love the movie, can’t wait for the rest of the movies. All that. BUT I am a bit disappointed they won so many awards. They definitely should NOT have won Best Fight, or Best Actress, or Best Picture. I’d say Dark Knight should have totally won Best Picture. That movie was awesome. John thought Pineapple Express should have won Best Fight. (I did NOT see that movie) I didn’t see many other of the nominees for Best Actress, but I’m sure Kate Winslet in The Reader totally could have won for Best Actress. I love her, even though I haven’t actually seen The Reader.

What I WAS glad they won, was Best Breakout Male Performance and Best Kiss. I definitely thought Rob Pattinson deserved Best Breakout. And the total fake out of them going to reenact the kiss for Best Kiss was priceless!! Loved it!

But really…what do you expect? It’s a fan voted award show. Twilight has a HUGE fan base, and it’s the kind of fan base that WILL vote. I know a ton of people who thought Dark Knight was the greatest movie ever, but they’re not the type of people who’ll go vote for it for an awards show. The fact they won so much only proves that Twilight had the most vocal fans. And that, we all know, was already painfully obvious!
One other side note. Us girls got together and watched Twilight yesterday afternoon since Val finally read the book (and became completely obsessed like we told her she would!!) so she had to see the movie. Well, coincidently, after we watched it, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire happened to be playing on ABC Family, where Rob Pattinson plays Cedric Diggory, one of the players in the wizard tournament. So, double feature of the dreamy RPattz…just to see him AGAIN watching the movie awards. **sigh** :o)


OH. EM. GEE. I think I'm gonna faint...

Since I’ve now written a BOOK over the awards and movies, anybody else watch? Thoughts? Opinions??

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I half watched as my nose was shoved in New Moon, but I agree that it was hilarious!!

I also agree about the Twilight and voting stuff.

I have to admit that Rob Pattinson has grown on me. I didn't really find him attractive before watching Twilight, but now apparently I am - well when he's Edward - not really any other time :) I have to also admit that I looked him up on imdb this morning.

Oh *sigh for Chris Pine. Lordy he's gorgeous.

ME said...

I missed it, but I am sure they will repeat it over the next few days. I haven't seen Star Trek (the new one)yet, but I have seen old shows and the movies with William Shatner. And as for the Twilight movie, sigh...the movie didn't do the book justice..argh. I'm going to wait patiently for New Moon, and of course my Harry Potter. Great post Julie!

Anonymous said...

I am not a big of the Twilight series but the trailer for New Moon has got me wanting to watch it because it looked that good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this article I also like website with flash designing specially the intro part of the website is so attractive and I agree with your view that flash presentation and movies are more interesting and it enhance the visual value of a website & attract more visitors for your site. Increasing your web traffic and page views Add, add your website in www.directory.itsolusenz.com/