Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thank you, thank you!

Ohmygosh!! I’ve gotten like 3 different awards in the past week from some of my wonderful bloggy friends!! You guys are awesome! I really wish that I had enough time to do a post for each award and then send out my own awards, but it has been one heck of a week over here! I actually have a post in draft for an award I got like a month ago that I haven’t been able to finish yet! Yikes! But I did want to let you all know that I graciously accept your awards and if I do finally get to post each of them, I will award you all back! Thank you so much! You guys are wonderful!

Speaking of awards, did anyone watch the CMT Awards last night? I’m probably the only nerd like that. I mean, I only knew about it because one of my most favorite-ist bands, Eli Young Band (I’d link it, but each member has their own Twitter account…), was playing on the show and I only knew that because I follow them on Twitter and they’ve been tweeting about it! Along with some of my other faves like Dierks Bentley and Taylor Swift. It was a good show. Some of the commentary was pretty lamely written, but overall it was pretty good. Good shows put on by some of the artists. I missed the beginning though where Taylor Swift apparently rapped with T-Payne (sp??), but I heard it was pretty funny. I’ll have to find the video of that. She also sang with Def Leopard (again with the sp??) and that was cool. John was excited about that. I was upset though that some of the ones that won were definitely NOT my faves. Like Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long”. Won like a video of the year or something. I HATE that song. And Alan Jackson’s “Country Boy” won for like Best Performance, I think. I’m not a big fan of Alan Jackson or that song. Poo. Well, either way, it was nice to have the TV on listening to the show and the performances while I was running around the house cleaning for Bunco tomorrow.

I hear the Teen Choice Awards are coming soon? Anybody want to bet that it will be another sweep by Twilight just like the MTV Movie Awards?? :o) Not sure when that airs, though. I’ll keep watching my Twitter for news!