Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm still alive!

Sorry, folks. Seems like I've been on hiatus for a bit. Okay, only two days, but still. I had been writing a few posts a day!

No, this week I have been much busier at work. Well, more like I've been making myself do more work instead of play on blogger and Twitter all day! I actually kind of got in trouble for being behind on some work so I figured I'd better step it up and actually get work done at work so I can continue to have a job to come to!! I guess I didn't get in "trouble", per say, but my boss did call me in to talk about what's "on my plate" lately and he was concerned that I was further behind than other people. He wanted me to make sure to let him know when new projects come up that I will be spending time on so that he knows when he can give me more work and when to give some of my work to less busy people. But of course, in my mind, I was thinking, "No more Twitter/Blog reading marathons at work. Check." So now I'm only giving myself short, sporatic breaks to catch up on one or the other. And since I had to use my lunch break yesterday to run to the bank, I haven't been able to post until today's lunch break!

Really, I've been super behind on reading all my blogs lately. I joined Twitter, like I told you guys, and have been all over that lately! It's much quicker to read 50 new tweets than it is to read 50 new blog posts! And the past two days, Val and I have been totally engrossed in a Twilight Saga discussion of our own. She's on the third book, Eclipse, now and she's as obsessed with it as I was when I was reading it. So much so, that we've been talking about the books, the movies, the movie stars...reading movie news, movie star news, movie pictures, movie star pictures. I know, we are so sad and lame! Here we are, in our mid-twenties, and we can't get enough of it!! It's been really fun though. And with her new enthusiasm, it's making me re-read the series again. I believe I mentioned I re-read Twilight a couple weeks ago. Well, after seeing the New Moon trailer I HAD to start re-reading New Moon again even though I was planning on waiting longer to start over again. Now I'm a little over halfway through and Val's been talking about how good Eclipse has been, so I'll have to start re-reading that one as soon as I finish New Moon. And then you can't finish Eclipse without starting Breaking Dawn. There is just no way. Those two go together way too much! Luckily, I guess, my husband is out of town, starting today, through Sunday at a fishing tournament, so I have 4 days to myself to just read!! :o)

So that's my story of my week thus far. I really want it to be Friday afternoon right now instead of Thursday. It has been a VERY long week for me this week.

Oh, and something else I can thank Val for...this cute new signature I added to my posts. Seriously, where do you find all this cool stuff??

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh Julie - my Twilight-loving-fellow-vampire-loving-Twilight-news-reader...what would I do without you?

I have thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and hope we can continue them!!

Enjoy reading this weekend!! We can dish soon.

Glad you got a signature too!!!! I found it on someone else's blog. Thanks for making me feel cool though!

Love!!

ME said...

I love the signature. And it's Pink :)