Thursday, June 11, 2009

Have I mentioned?

Have I mentioned the fact that my husband will be going to Brazil in a week? Hmm…can’t see how it could have possibly slipped my mind. Oh yeah, maybe because I just found out on Sunday! He gets back from his fishing trip and proceeds to inform me that he’s off to Brazil for 12 days in 2 weeks. Well, drat. I guess, at least he’ll be back for 4th of July…barely. He’s scheduled to come back the 2nd. But then thankfully we both have the 3rd off so we’ll get a nice 3 day weekend in after he gets home. And then…guess what!! We leave for vacation just 7 days later!!! Ohmygosh I can’t wait!! If you haven’t noticed my counter there at the bottom of the page, we’re now under 30 days! And check out Val’s lovely description of what our life will be like for 6 glorious days!

What’s that? Are you sure we can’t leave tomorrow??

Okay, well, back to the topic at hand. Brazil. Yes. Another funny (is it really?) story about that. So John finds out he’ll be going to Brazil for some project he’s working on. The next day, his boss comes up and asks, “So, did you ask your wife?” “Ask about what?” “About living in Brazil!” “What??” And his boss just walks away laughing. Excuse me? Back up one step there. Huh? Obviously his boss was joking about the whole living in Brazil, BUT the guys down in Brazil actually do want someone down there for an extended period to oversee some manufacturing. So, uh, yeah…joking? Not joking? Really, I have no idea. They definitely do NOT pay him enough for me to quit my job to move to Brazil for awhile…and I don’t know if I could manage living without him if just he went. So let’s just not think about that right now. Probably won’t happen anyway, right?

I am definitely jealous of him flitting around all over the world lately. I want to go to the beaches in Brazil. I want to explore castles in Germany. I want to go to the Louvre in Paris. Yeah, they really should pay him a lot more so that I can quit my job to go globe-trotting with him! What an adventure that would be!

1 comment:

ME said...

For a second there I thought you might be married to a high school friend of mine. He also travels around the world due to his job in manufacturing. We all keep in contact through Facebook. And from the pictures I've seen so far he is having a blast. I hope for your sake they don't ask him to stay for an extended period.

But I have Brazilian friends here in CT and I know for a fact that they have the best clothes, swimsuits, and accessories. I would make a list for hubby. Maybe a new Bikini for your upcoming trip and a nice Sari for cover-up?