Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting a gazebo!!

As you know (from my constant talking about it), we've been working a lot on our home projects and trying to spruce the place up, right? Well, after we got the dog run fence up, I decided I really wanted to start working on the backyard and getting it into shape. It's a MESS right now. About 6 months or so after we moved in we poured a huge 14x20 patio slab in the back. A year and a half later, there's still nothing on it except the bar-b-que grill. We've been wanting to get a nice gazebo to put out there and we finally got one yesterday! We're working on putting it together today. At the same time, we're working on FINALLY cleaning up the splattered concrete from pouring the patio slab off the siding and doing some re-caulking on the siding where it's all dried out and touch up paint. John did the caulking and I scrapped splattered concrete so far. Now we're taking a break to let the caulk dry so we can do the painting. Then we can finish putting the gazebo together. I am soooooo excited! Here's a "work in progress" photo of the patio:
And here is the fence we put up for the dog run:
Look at how great my plants are growing now since the dogs aren't able to trample all over them during the day!
And the still not completed shed we built in the most unsightly corner of the yard...

I'll post again once I have som "finished" photos!

2 comments:

cpullum said...

looks good I am trying to grow my grass back!
I am redoing the front of my house laying brick!
carla

Valerie said...

It looks great Julie!