Friday, May 22, 2009

My pants.

Remember those pants I decided were my goal?? Last night, I was in my closet, changing to go to Bunco. I pulled out my trusty capris, about to put them on. Then, on a whim, I thought, well, while I’m putting on pants, why not just see where I am with these jeans. I take them off the hanger and cautiously put one leg in…then the other…then pull them up…ALL the way up…and button them…WITHOUT having to suck it in…and walked out of the closet. I could walk in my jeans!! I could sit down in my jeans!! I was COMFORTABLE in my jeans!!!! My jeans, that I swear I haven’t worn in over a year because previously, I couldn’t even get them all the way up…couldn’t even think about buttoning them! Oh. My. Good. Grief. I was BEYOND ecstatic. So I took those off and threw on another pair that hadn’t been fitting either for a year+. The same thing. I was comfortable! Comfortable enough so that I even wore them to Bunco!

I ran downstairs and went to stand right in front of John who was laying on the couch. With a huge smile, I said, “Guess what!!”. Looking at me like I had lost my mind, he asks, “What?”. “I haven’t worn these jeans in over a year…and now they fit!!” And I held up my shirt and spun around so he could see. Still looking at me as if I had lost my mind, but with a smile he says, “Good job.”

Oh, happy day!! Want to know the BEST part?? This morning, I was getting ready in the bathroom, and I happened to glance down where I had tossed my jeans the night before. I noticed, for the first time, the tag on the inside of the jeans. What does that say? I leaned closer. Then, very clearly, I saw “26/2”. Those jeans were a size 2?!? What?? No way. But it says so, right there. EEEEEEEEE!!! <-- That’s me, squealing with delight, if you were not aware. :o)