Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Progress Report Tuesday

I’m not sure how I managed to do it, but I had a loss of 3.4 pounds this week. Now, granted, 2.2 of those were what I had gained the last week, but I really wasn’t expecting to lose much more than that and I lost another 1.2 on top of it! Crazy. I hardly counted points at all this past week. I did for like breakfast/lunch/snacks, but I never added up dinners. We had leftover fajitas for dinner every night and I never tried to figure out how many points it was. Even as early as yesterday morning I still hadn’t even lost the entire 2.2 pounds I had gained. But I don’t think I ate very much yesterday so I guess that’s why it so much less this morning. I had a late brunch of a lean pocket about 11am, then only had 2 graham crackers with peanut butter for a snack at about 4:30pm (no lunch) then we had a light dinner of pork chops with tomatoes and squash and then I had a small cup of ice cream. All before 8pm. And didn’t go to sleep until about 11pm. So yeah, I guess that would make up for it. I didn’t realize until just now how little I ate yesterday. Hmm. And I wasn’t ever too hungry either. Must have been living off my fat stores. :o)

I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be actually tracking my points. Seems like I can only make it about a month before I start to slide on the tracking. But like I said before, I’m really starting to see what I can and cannot eat on my own. I basically eat the same breakfast/lunch/snack every day during the week so it’s really just dinners that I need to be careful of. And as long as I plan it all out at the beginning of the week, I do pretty well with that. It’s only when I don’t plan that we run into trouble.

I decided this morning that my goal was to fit into a particular pair of jeans that I own. I haven’t tried them on in a few weeks. Last time I tried, I could get them on, but I could barely move in them! So my goal would be to be able to wear them comfortably. I’ll try again in a couple more weeks and see where I am.

Our cardio/abs/strength training class ended last week and our new cardio salsa class doesn’t start for a few more weeks. Our instructor, however, has agreed to meet with us at the park to keep up the class until the next session starts. I’m so happy about that! I love the classes with this instructor. She’s awesome! So no down time between classes! And it’ll be nice to be outside for a bit in the evenings. We had a small cold front come through (surprisingly, this late in the year) and it’s been beautiful weather so far this week.

Only 51 more days until vacation!! That’s definitely enough motivation to keep it up, keep it up, keep it up!!

No comments: