Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Progress Report Tuesday

Tuesday again. Which means another weigh-in for me this morning. This week’s results? Loss of .4 pounds. Not too bad considering I haven’t kept track of my points since Friday morning!! AND it’s “that time” coming up and the progesterone pills make me retain water like a sponge! So overall, I’m pretty happy with the results. Though the water retention is still making me feel like a COW! Ugh. Why do I have to be so hormonally challenged??

Since I have not kept track of points for the past 4 days, I have no idea what my total ended up at for the week. Probably way over since we went out to dinner a few times and went to a crawfish boil on Saturday all day. I did, however, watch my portion sizes MUCH better. When we went to Texas Roadhouse on Friday, I only ate like 3 bites of my actual meal since I had already had most of a salad and two rolls. So I took the rest home and John and I actually split the rest of the leftovers for dinner on Saturday after we got home from the crawfish boil. Good job, right?? And I’ve been trying to eat slower so that I can register earlier that I’m full. It’s working out quite well.

My exercise has definitely not been up to my own standards lately. I went to class on Tuesday and Thursday, but that was really the extent of exercise last week. John and I did buy rollerblades on Sunday and we rollerbladed to Matt and Bailey’s (about a 15min. roundtrip). And we plan to rollerblade fairly often…hopefully with the dogs once we get used to it again so they don’t knock us down so easily!

Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days. I’ve been completely out of it lately. Can’t even think of anything to write! I did (semi) make a menu for this week, but I didn’t know how well we’d stick to it since John will be schmoozing it up at OTC a few days this week and won’t be home for dinner. So I didn’t post my Menu Plan Monday. But if you are interested, on the menu for the week, we have: taco salad, chicken stir fry (no rice), some kind of chicken casserole (just throwing together chicken, cream of mushroom, broccoli and cheese), and steak with zucchini. Anywho…maybe I’ll get my brain back sometime this week and I can figure out something interesting to write about!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: