Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You are worth it.

Okay, so I gave in and starting re-reading Twilight on Monday. I just had seen the movie like 4 times now and I kept feeling like there was so much missing. I had to remind myself of all the stuff that was left out of the movie. I’m really glad I did though. I’m finding it’s even better the second time around now that I can take my time reading it since I already know the story. There is so much I completely missed from the story the first time while I was rushing through. And so much more that has been quite thought provoking.

I got to a part this morning that completely caught me off guard. I didn’t remember it all from the first read, but it was so powerful. I’ve been thinking about these lines all morning. It’s the part where Alice and Jasper are about to take Bella to Phoenix to escape James. Everyone has left and Bella and Jasper are alone waiting for Alice to get the car.

Jasper: Sensing Bella’s emotions, says “You’re wrong.”
Bella: “About what?”
Jasper: “You are worth it.”
Bella: Starts going on about how she couldn’t forgive herself if someone got hurt, yada yada yada…not believing she’s worth everyone risking themselves to keep her safe.
Jasper: Simply says, “You are.”

So, if you don’t know the story, Jasper can sense emotions of other people. So he can obviously sense the emotions Edward has for Bella and knows exactly how he feels about her. So when he says she’s worth it to him, he knows that as a fact. To me, that short little conversation between Bella and Jasper was very powerful. I don’t know how to explain it. It just hit me hard.

No matter how self-sacrificing someone may be, there is always someone out there who thinks they’re worth “it”, whatever the “it” may be. This really makes me want to make sure that everyone I feel is worth it, knows that they are.

And I hope that each and every one of you all out there let that someone know they’re worth it, too. :o)

No comments: