Monday, May 11, 2009

Great weekend...bad weekend...

First off, I really did have a great weekend.  And this might be a long post as I recap it all.  :o)

I was gone ALL day on Saturday.  Bailey came by and asked if I wanted to run some errands with her.  Since I had a few of my own, I of course agreed.  We ran all over town running errands and doing some shopping.  I got everything on my list of things to get (and then some) so it was a super productive trip.  After she dropped me off I ran over to the grocery store to get all regular food for this week and all the food for our Mother’s Day fajita feast we were hosting.  I got home later than I was supposed as we were supposed to be at Tony and Val’s at 4:30pm and I didn’t get home until almost 5pm.  So I changed real fast and we headed over there.  Then us, Tony and Val, Matt and Bailey and Kelley and Kyle all went to Landry’s in Kemah to celebrate Tony and Val’s birthday’s (they’re only a week a part).  That was a lot of fun.  After dinner we walked around a bit and some of us (NOT me) rode the roller coaster.  We got home about 10:30pm or so, but I was so exhausted from such an eventful day we went straight to bed.

I got up fairly early Sunday (about 7:30am).  I still had some cleaning and preparation to do before families came over at noon.  So I worked on the last minute vacuuming and straightening up and wrapping presents and setting out food and John worked out in the yard getting it mowed and edged and weed-eated.  Then his mom, sister, and brother and my mom and sister all came over for Mother’s Day.  We made fajitas and I made a dump cake (recipe coming!) for dessert.  We watched a little of both the Astros and Rockets games.  Then everybody went home about 3:30pm or 4pm.  We cleaned up the kitchen and I got started on some more laundry.  Then we laid on the couch and watched Transformers.  Then put clothes away, then ate dinner and watched whichever Underworld movie was on FX (maybe it was the second one?).  Then John ran around the house trying to find his jury summons paper while I got ready for bed, exhausted again from another very eventful day.  I think I was asleep before I hit the pillow.  I barely remember John even coming to bed a little while later.

So all in all we had a very eventful yet really good weekend.  It was great to get together with friends and then also family.  We had a good time all around.

The bad part of the weekend though…you guessed it…the EATING!  Enough to be 3 pounds heavier this morning over Friday morning!!  Ugh.  Since we were out and about Saturday, Bailey and I went out for lunch and I had a cheeseburger and some fries.  Then we went out to Landry’s for dinner where I first had a mojito, then friend zucchini for an appetizer, John and I did split a grilled fish entrée for dinner (good job there!) but then split a big brownie a la mode for dessert!  Then (I told you we would, Val!) we had cake for breakfast Sunday and I had WAY too much fajitas and chips and guacamole and rice and dump cake for lunch.  At dinner we tried to eat up the last of our leftovers from last week and I had too much chicken casserole.  One of those, too much for one serving, not enough for 2, so I just ate it all to get rid of it.  Shame on me.  And I had bought some ice cream pops at the store (they were Skinny Cow, at least) and I had one of those after dinner.  Though I REALLY didn’t need one!  And because of all that I gained 3 pounds over the weekend and now feel like a giant COW.  Ugh.  And it’s weigh-in tomorrow morning…maybe I’ll just not eat today and live off all the excess calories I consumed over the weekend!  Totally kidding…I could so not go a day without eating.  I’m just going to be EXTRA careful about what I eat today.  Nothing in excess.  Only the minimum amount of points if I can get away with it.  And I’m drinking a TON of water today.  I swear I’ll be running to go potty every half hour.  It’s barely 10:30am and I’ve already finished off TWO bottles of water and I’m about to go refill for a third.  Yep…gotta pee…AGAIN!

No comments: