Thursday, April 16, 2009

Attack of the candy monster!

I didn’t write down any of my points during the day yesterday as I was in the car and out in the field most of the day.  So this morning, I decided I should go ahead and write my food for yesterday so I don’t have a day skipped in my little book I’m tracking my points with.  This is my food log for yesterday:

Candy – 3

Sandwich – 6

Soup – 5

Candy – 17

Total – 31

31 total points for the day (6 over my max daily limit) and only 11 came from actual food!!  That is pretty bad.  I did okay until about 10pm.  I started getting shaky and needed to eat something right away so of course I head straight for the candy…low blood sugar…candy is full of sugar…makes sense, right?  Well, instead of eating just a couple small pieces to combat the low blood sugar, I ended up eating all the rest of my Whopper Eggs (which was a lot).  Oops.  But the way I see it is now they’re gone and I can’t eat them anymore!  That’s my problem when we have “bad” foods in the house.  I just want to eat it up real fast in too large of quantities so it’s gone and not around to tempt me any longer.  So instead of having moderate portions spaced out over a long period of time, I eat big portions in a short amount of time to get rid of it.  Bad Juju.  I vow to be better today!

No comments: