Friday, April 17, 2009

You know who you are.

I’m sorry, but I just really have to get these thoughts out of my head.  This post is more of a rant.  A way to say everything I haven’t been able to. 

We all remember that old friend I said I “ran into” one night on Facebook, right?  After talking with “old friend” a few times, I thought we might actually become “new friends” again.  How nice!  I love making new/old friends!  Boy, was I in for a TREAT.  ß That was sarcasm, by the way.

Background: Okay, so I finally get up the nerve to call “old friend” (OF) to set up with him to get my car fixed.  I met him at the dealership and we had a little chat.  Talked to him a few times during the day to check the progress of my car.  Ended up they got a wrong part so I actually have to bring it back up there sometime (dang it).  Then I didn’t talk to him all weekend…no biggie.  It was Easter weekend, we both had a lot going on.  Well, I called him on Monday just to chat and catch up and we talked maybe 15min or so.  It was pleasant.  I emailed him a couple times (like I do all my OTHER friends when I’m bored at work).  Then, BAM!  Out of the blue Thursday morning I get an email from him.  He has decided we cannot be friends after all.

Excuse me??  Was it not HE that talked to me first?  Was it not HE that offered to fix my car?  Was it not HE that told me to call him?  And yet, HE has the audacity to now say “sorry...changed my mind.”  Oh, don’t EVEN get me started!!  Apparently (from what I got out of it), he doesn’t think he can keep it in his pants well enough to only be my friend.  What, did you think I might actually let something happen between us??  HA!  Yes, please let me throw away 9 YEARS of commitment to my wonderful husband that I love with all my heart!  Yes, according to OF, our friendship would be “disrespectful” to our now significant others.  DISRESPECTFUL??  Are you FREAKING kidding me??  Are you THAT full of yourself?  Please!

After we started talking again, a lot of warm memories of our past friendship came into my mind.  I mean, we were really good friends before and it was a great friendship.  Now, I am remembering just exactly why we AREN’T friends anymore.  What a flake.  How anyone could be suckered into staying with you for 7 years, is beyond me.  No wonder she cheated on you. 

So, you know who you are.  I hope you got my message that you’re an ASS!  And I am so much better off without a “friend” like you.

 

P.S. To everyone else, I really am a nice person!!  You just (obviously) don’t want to get on my bad side.  LOVE to everyone ELSE!  :o)  Ahh…much better.

2 comments:

Elizabeth D. said...

Yikes! That does not sound like fun - especially the fact that you probably have to see him again to finish getting your car fixed. Boo on him! Hope your weekend will be better than your day today has been!

PS - Thanks for your comment on my blog, I love comments, they totally make my day!

Valerie said...

Poo on him Julie. I'm so sorry he was so rude, but you are right...you are so much better off without him!