Friday, April 10, 2009

What a great day!

I had a wonderful day today! I got up bright an early (even earlier than I get up for work!) and left the house by 7am. I went and picked up my good friend, Cherie. We drove up to north Houston and dropped off my car at Matt's dealership and I finally got to see him after 8 long years. It was a short meeting as he was at work and did actually have work to do, but it was nice to see him. Hadn't changed a bit. (And to this day still has the power to melt me with those baby blues...)

Anywho...we dropped off the car and headed up to the mall. It was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C! I got SOOOOO much stuff! But it was ALL on sale, and I needed it all! For only about $200, I got 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of shoes, a swimsuit, and a pair of capris! There was so much more I so could have gotten, but I was on a budget so when the cash ran out, I was all done. By now it was about 2pm and we both were starving. My car STILL wasn't finished so we went to McAlister's Deli for lunch. I could not believe Cherie had never been there as it's like my favorite place to eat (though we don't go too often since it's not super close by). When we finished up there I gave Matt a call to see where they were on my car. Most everything was done, but one of the parts they ordered for it, they delivered the wrong one, so I now have to go back up there one day to get the last piece finished. But turns out there was something wrong I didn't even know was wrong that they fixed, so that was great. Luckily the last piece to fix shouldn't take long to do, so I can easily run up there one day when I'm out and about and they'll do it while I wait.

I got home about 5pm and John had the gate all ready to hang on the dog fence, so that is awesome. Overall it has been a really great day. Now I'm off to get some laundry started so I have clothes to wear next week and John has clothes to take on his business trip. I just wanted to hop on here and let y'all know about my wonderful day and super productive shopping trip.

No comments: